September 1st, 2023
September 4: Labor Day - No School
September 6: PTA Meeting 6:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m. in the library
September 11- 15: Book Fair
September 14th - School Site Council Meeting
September 14th - Family Engagement Night 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
September 29: Wake Up to Reading 7:30 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
October 4th - PTA Meeting 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. in the library
October 12th - ELAC Meeting 5:30 p.m.
October 13th - Fall Picture Day
***Aeries Parent Portal/ Data Confirmation***
All parents are required to have an Aeries Portal Account. Please find the attached instructions to create your account.
By creating a Portal Account, you have the ability to change your personal information as well as update emergency contacts for your child. Additionally, once you have created your account, you will be able to find out your child’s teacher at the beginning of each new school year as we no longer post class lists. Once you have created your Portal please log out and log back in, to complete the required Student Data Confirmation. This includes updating contact information as well as emergency contact information for your student. Please complete each step listed on the left side of the screen.
If you have any questions, or have any issues with creating your account, please do not hesitate to call McManus School office at 891-3128.
CUSD Attendance Policy
- quarantine (under the direction of the county health officer)
- medical, dental, optometrical or chiropractic services (we ask that you schedule medical, dental, optometrical or chiropractic services after school or on non-school days whenever possible to limit your child's absences from school)
- funeral services of a member of the immediate family
- jury duty
- appearance in court
- observance obligations of a student's religion
- attendance at religious retreats (not to exceed four hours per semester)
- exclusion from school for health and safety reasons
- employment conferences
- or some other reason approved by the school principal
The only exception is when the educational needs are met through a legally acceptable alternative program. Vacations should be scheduled during non-school days.
A student absent from school for one of the above acceptable reasons shall be allowed to complete all assignments and tests missed during the absence and shall be given full credit.
A parent/guardian is obligated by law to compel the student to attend school. A parent/guardian who fails to meet this obligation may be guilty of an infraction and subject to prosecution.
- Re-elections & Elections
- Book Fair
- PTA Events for the 23-24 school year
We hope to see you there!