3rd Grade Newsletter
July 17, 2020
Brain Boost Available NOW in the OLS
We are very excited to announce that our new and returning managed public school students will be able to participate in the Brain Boost Summer Enrichment program. The program is for students in grades K–12. The goal of this new program is to offer a fun and engaging in-platform experience within the Online School, especially for newly enrolled students to give them time to experience our platform before regular school starts in the fall.
Students in kindergarten to sixth grade will participate in the courses using Stride Math and Stride ELA. In these courses the students will earn coins to play fun and educational math and language arts games. There are different kinds of games, including Stride Academy, Space Coaster, and Koofu’s Quest. The Introduction to Stride video will show students how to access Stride, how to answer questions, where to find Stride games, and more. Any coins, badges or star points earned over the summer will carry over into the school year, giving those students a pool of earned items to utilize as of the first day of school.
Log in TODAY and check it out!
IF you have any trouble accessing Brain Boost, you may contact out Customer Care team set up directly for Brain Boost at (855) 688-4109 or via email by clicking here.
Summer Tips and Tricks
Check out your local library or access the Big Universe Library through your quick links in the OLS to find fun new books to read on your level. The summer reading list has several suggestions of books that you can read this summer.
Printable flashcards: https://bit.ly/3c9lPGg
Online flashcards: https://bit.ly/2ZJn9NC
Fact fluency game: https://bit.ly/3gnSA6d
Summer Reading Challenge
Tips for a Strong Start in 3rd Grade
Here are some things that you can do before school starts to ensure a smooth transition into the school year:
- Set up a designated workplace for each student. Ensure that it is in a place that is free from distractions, where students can focus on their schoolwork during the day.
- Make sure that your technology is working and that you have everything you need, including a computer, a working headset with a microphone, and a webcam. If you need assistance with technology, be sure to contact tech support at https://www.help.k12.com/s/ or at (866)512-2273.
- Once you receive your materials from K12, check to make sure that you have received all the necessary materials for each student.
- Familiarize yourself with the OLS on both the learning coach and student side. The student view of the OLS is new this year, so take some time learning how to navigate it before school starts.
If you follow these tips, you will feel more prepared and confident as school starts next month. We are excited for a GREAT year!
Awesome Websites to Check Out
Interesting informational articles that students can read independently or families can read together.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Summer Vacation: May 22 - August 11
- Teachers Return: July 27
- August 12th: First Day of School Year 20-21
Please note that the free immunizations clinic initially scheduled for August 7th near our Midwest Office has been canceled due to the increase in COVID-19 cases.
2020-2021 School Year Calendar
If you are experiencing technical issues, please use the link above or call 866-512-2273 to submit a ticket.