Cleveland Elementary, September 2015
How Can Instructional Technology Help You?
- Meet with you before / after school or during planning to work on integrating technology into lessons
- Teach a sample lesson to your students using technology such as Nexus tablets or Chromebooks
- Visit with your class and offer suggestions as to how to best embed technology
- Serve as a second teacher in your class to assist your students with technology
- Nearpod - Interactive content that works great on tablets
- Discovery Education - Thousands of resources, student accounts, and interactive content
- Plickers - Instant formative assessment, with only one device
CHROMEBOOK SIGN-ON SHORTENED
Blackboard training for the first group of teachers (called Cohort 1) started on Sept. 8. Blackboard is the Learning Management System (LMS) that has been purchased by Fayette County. Click HERE for more information on what an LMS is and how it can benefit your students.
Below are some of the details about the Blackboard implementation plan.
- Cohort 1 teachers will work closely with the FCIT (Fayette County Instructional Technology) department throughout the first implementation of this training class. This is to ensure we gather feedback and input on the class to make adjustments accordingly and stay in close communication with the Cohort 1 teams to maintain a high-level of support.
- Following the completion of the class with Cohort 1, FCIT will reach out to building administrators to request names of teachers who will be included in Cohort 2. (Please note: more information will be sent on Cohort 2 selection in the coming months).
- The Cohort 1 Team will be the first line of support for all subsequent Cohorts of teachers at your school.
When Can We Meet?
Please fill out the form below and let me know if you would like to meet at any time.