September 9, 2019
When Things Don't Go As Planned: Adjust!
There are many days when I feel that we will run the school day in accordance to the prescribed plan. This means all walkthroughs will be completed and every student will go to class every period. However, as we know, there are always emergencies with our students that arise and this alters the plan immediately, so we adjust.
Similarly, many of you experience a multitude of things that occur without warning in your classrooms each day. There may be a student having social or emotional problems, technology failure, or students needing to be retaught. While it is important to be flexible, great teachers know there is a fine balance of being too flexible because instructional effectiveness may be lost. Consider the following: We cannot direct the winds of life... but we can adjust the sails.
Have a great week and as always... It's a Great Day to be a Chieftain!
Calendar of Events
- 7:30 am Campus Decision Making Meeting
- Enrichment: BPA Meeting with Ms. Brittingham
- 10:00 am 8th Grade SPC Career Fair at Crosbyton Museum
- Progress Reports sent home
- Enrichment: Juniors testing meeting in Conference Center
- 5:00 pm CMS vs Sudan
- 7:30 pm CHS @ Sudan
- Cross Country @ LCU Invitational