The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
October 27th, 2015
- 10/26 - BOE Meeting 7:30pm @ XRDS NORTH
- 10/27 - Picture Day Make-ups
- 10/30 - Community Day & Conference Sign-up Open!
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
The past two weeks have been filled with wonderful events. Congratulations to all of our sports teams on some amazing wins. A special congratulations to our Cross Country Team who brought home top awards at this weekend's GMC Championships at Thompson Park. Go Vikings! Also, thank you to our counselors and teachers for a successful Violence & Vandalism Awareness Week. We had spirit days to promote positive relationships. We wish you a great week!
- CONFERENCES: The online system "PickATime" will be open for registrations on Friday, October 30th. Parents will be prompted via a school-wide email on Friday!
- HALLOWEEN: Students will be allowed to wear costumes on Friday. However, no weapons, masks, or attire that violates our dress code will be permitted.
- CHANGE IN DISMISSAL: If you are planning to pick your child up early, please send in a note alerting the school.
- ATTENDANCE: Daily attendance in school is a critical factor in the success of your child. Please do your best to minimize the number of days your child is absent from school or is taken out early for appointments. Should your child exceed the number of acceptable days absent as determined by NJ State Law, you will receive a letter from the school.
- BUS REMINDERS: Please note: Students are NOT allowed to ride any other busses, even if a parent gives permission. The transportation department does not allow this practice, as they cannot plan for additional students riding our already full busses.
Monday, 11/9 - 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Tuesday, 11/10 - 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Thursday, 11/12 - 4pm - 8pm
Conferences are a wonderful time to connect with your child's teachers about his/her growth and progress. A detailed memo with sign-up information will be sent on Friday, October 30th, along with the announcement that the system is open for registration.
FROM THE COUNSELORS...
Welcome to Middle School! This is one of the most challenging transitions you and your child may experience. Now that school is underway, most of our children are settling into their routines. However, if you or your child seems to be uncertain about school and classroom routines, please feel free to reach out to your child’s counselor. We are assigned by unit and meet regularly with teachers. In addition, we serve as a liaison to the community and can offer resources, when needed.
Please remember, you know your child best, and although some uneasiness is normal, if your child seems nervous, has difficulty sleeping or seems reluctant to come to school, please contact us so we can work together.
MORE UPCOMING DATES...
- 11/1 - Viking 5K Run @ SBHS
- 11/2 - SB Parent Academy 7:30pm @ XRDS NORTH
- 11/3 - Election Day
- 11/5 - NO SCHOOL - NJEA
- 11/6 - NO SCHOOL - NJEA
- 11/9 - EARLY RELEASE - Conferences & PTO Book Fair
- 11/10 - EARLY RELEASE - Conferences & PTO Book Fair
- 11/11 - NO SCHOOL - STAFF ONLY Professional Development Day
- 11/12 - EARLY RELEASE - Conferences **LATE NIGHT** & PTO Book Fair
- 11/13 - 7th & 8th Grade Dance @ XRDS SOUTH & PTO Book Fair
- 11/18 - French Soirée
- 11/18 - PTO Meeting 7:00pm @ XRDS SOUTH
- 11/24 - SB Parent Academy 7:30pm @ XRDS NORTH
- 11/25 - EARLY RELEASE - THANKSGIVING
- 11/26 - NO SCHOOL - THANKSGIVING
- 11/27 - NO SCHOOL - THANKSGIVING