Aug. 13, 2019
August 14 - Student Start Date (Full Day of School)
September 2 - No School - Labor Day
September 4 - School Portraits
September 5 - Curriculum Conversations
September 18 - Portrait Retakes
September 25 - See You at the Pole
In This Issue
- Our New Faculty and Staff Members
- Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
- What is NCA's dress code?
- First Day of School
Our New Faculty and Staff Members
Early Education Office Manager/Preschool Assistant - Miriam Menejias
Miss Menejias joined NCA this August. Miriam has an associate degree in science and business administration from Hodges University. She was born and raised in Naples. She loves spending quality time with her family and attending Manantial De Vida Assemblies of God church. Miriam serves in VBS (Vacation Bible School) as the craft assistant and she teaches 4th and 5th graders during Sunday school. In her free time, she enjoys painting, graphic design, gardening, and caring for her pets. She lives by the verse, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters… It is the Lord Christ you are serving” (Colossians 3:23-24). She loves to see children grow in the Lord and use their unique gifts to be a blessing to others.
Pre-K3 Teacher - Mrs. Dominique Nash
Mrs. Nash joined NCA this August. She has been a director of children's ministry at a local church for 12 years. She works with children ages infant to 11 years old. She has experience not only in preschools (specifically with 3 year olds), but she has training and experience with kids with varying needs. Dominique strongly believes you can bring the best out of any child through God's love, care, and mutual respect. She loves to write curriculum and short stories for children.
Dominique has been married for 22 years. She has three children, stepson Devon, 25, and two daughters, Haley, 13, and Emily,11. She also has a grandson who will be 5 soon. Her husband and daughters serve alongside her in whatever she does. They have a deep love for God and people, and enjoy spending their free time doing anything in nature.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
Before School Care
- Students can be dropped off between 7:15 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. in the Early Education Building. Parents are to park and walk their child into the building via the second door on the left side of the building (Miss Deonarine’s classroom). Parents must sign them in. At 7:30 a.m., 2-8th grade students will be escorted by an adult to the Gaynor Building. K and 1st grade will be brought to the Early Education Building carline. After 7:30 all students are to be dropped off in carline at their appropriate building. More Information
After School Care
- After School Care is available from 2:45 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. K through 1st grade students will go to their dismissal area with the classroom teacher at dismissal time. The students will then be brought to the Related Arts classroom. 2nd-8th grade students will go to the media center in the Gaynor Building and at 3:10 p.m., the students in the media center will be escorted by an adult to the Early Education Building. Any student not picked up prior to 3:20 will generate a billing for the day as a “drop in”. More Information
Rainy Day Dismissal
- As long as there is no lightning in our area, students will wait inside the school until their car arrives. They will be escorted by a teacher to their car. (Locations remain the same as above.)
- In case of lightening, students must wait inside the school until the lightening has passed our area and it is deemed safe to be outside. Parents may come inside to escort their children to their cars.
What is NCA's dress code?
Students in kindergarten through 8th grade must wear NCA uniform polo shirts and appropriate length and style khaki uniform bottoms (NO stretchy material and NO cargo-style pants).
Approved uniform bottoms include ONLY the following types of uniform khaki bottoms.
- khaki long pants
- khaki capris/shorts
- khaki skirts/skorts
Additionally, students may wear solid-color sweatshirts, jackets, or sweaters (no writing/logos).