Week of 5.29.2023
Principal's Weekly Message
I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
Last week was a busy one for sure here at Hatfield Elementary. Our students completed STAR Math and Reading Assessments and our 5th and 6th graders participated in assemblies from our very own Hatfield PD. On Wednesday, our CP&E Committee along with some brave, proud children presented our Hatfield family with a wonderful Cultural Fair and Talent Show. What a wonderful way to showcase the amazing diversity that makes up our school. We are so proud of everyone for their hard work and willingness to teach us about their culture! We also had our last PBIS Assembly this week. Our students had an amazing time participating in some fun and silly outdoor games! On Friday we had our annual OLYMPIC DAY, and what a fun one it was! Our students, staff, and visitors had a great time and the weather could not have been any more perfect. A huge shout out to Jenn Ball, our PE teacher, for organizing such a fun-filled day.
We have another great week on the horizon. Beginning on Tuesday, our students will be completing their iReady math diagnostic assessments and on Friday our 6th graders have their end-of-year picnic. Friday night H&S has organized our last movie night for this year. Please reach out to Mrs. Lyons with any questions or concerns. I hear Movie Night is always a lot of fun so I am certainly looking forward to it. Please remember, this is NOT a drop-off event. Any students who come to Movie Night must have a parent/guardian with them.
Lastly, I want to congratulate our HF IronKnights Triathlon Participants! These kiddos worked so hard and made us so proud..
Dolly Schultz finished 6th place for the 3rd grade girls, while Ethan Evans took 6th place for the 3rd grade boys. This is out of a few hundred racers!
Oliver Winters took 8th place overall in the Kindergarten division with an outstanding performance.
Two Hatfield students placed in the top three, taking home trophies. Quite possibly for the first time in Hatfield's history!
Earning a 2nd place trophy for the Kindergarten division was Mickey Johnston!!
Winning 1st place overall for the 2nd grade girls division and taking home the biggest trophy was Harbour Fickert!!
Have a great week!
Keep soaring above and beyond,
Hatfield Movie Night!
- Hatfield Elementary’s Spring Movie Night will take place on Friday, June 2! We always look forward to this fun night, but we can’t do it without your support. Please consider signing up to donate snack items and/or to volunteer at the event. As always, we appreciate all that you do for Home and School and your help in making these events possible! Please contact Jen Lyons at email@example.com with any questions.
- Donation Sign-Up - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F48A4A72FA5FDC61-movie2
- Volunteer Sign-Up - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F48A4A72FA5FDC61-movie3
Coffee and Conversation with Grandparents
- Are you raising a grandchild, interested in sharing your experiences or learning more about how to navigate school? JOIN US FOR COFFEE & CONVERSATION Wednesday, May 31, 2023 6:30-7:45 PM North Penn Educational Service Center 401 E Hancock Street Lansdale, PA RSVP & Information: Pam Hart, Director of Curriculum & Equity Email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 215-853-1060
- Kinder registration for the 2023-2024 school year is now open! To learn more or get started, visit the Kindergarten website
- NP High School Renovation Video: See the amazing video, created by Mr. Gillmer, by clicking on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYJm1SnGZiM
- This is a friendly reminder that if you drop your child off in the morning, you must use the parking lot by the playground. The car drop off line ensures the safety of our students. Please do not drop your child off in the bus lot. Also, please remember we are no longer using door #3 (old car rider door) for arrival. Students who utilized that door should now enter from the main entrance doors. Thank you in advance for your understanding!
- Please remind your child that they are not permitted to bring sports equipment (basketballs, footballs, etc.) from home for use at dismissal. If they have teacher permission for recess, the equipment must remain in bookbags until that time and returned after recess. Students are lingering on campus after dismissal to play with friends and we are directing them instead, to head home immediately. Thank you in advance for your help with this.
5/01 School Lunch Super Hero Day
5/01 PSSA Testing (continues through 5/5)
5/08 Staff Appreciation Week (continues through 5/12)
5/16 Teacher In-service; No school for students
5/17 Hatfield Literacy Night
5/20 IronKnights Triathlon
5/23 Hatfield Home and School Meeting
5/24 Knight of the Arts (NPHS K-12 Art Show)
5/26 Olympic Day
5/29 Memorial Day
6/02 6th Grade Picnic/HF MOVIE NIGHT
6/05 HF Book Bash
6/09 1st Grade End of Year Writing Celebration
6/13 Senior Visits and Parade
6/14 6th Grade Awards/Last day of school for all students
Our Hatfield HAWKS continue to SOAR by following our HAWKS pledge daily at school! Continue to be on the lookout for HAWK feathers your child may come home with. Each month we celebrate with a school wide assembly. The more feathers a student earns, the better their chances are to be chosen to participate in exciting assembly activities! Your child also has an opportunity each month to be chosen as a Golden Hawk where they have the opportunity to sit in our special VIP section! Please continue to encourage your child to SOAR as a Hatfield HAWK!
Home and School Information
VP Special Events - We are looking for a parent(s) to chair our Special Events board position. This person will be responsible for gathering a Committee for each event and ensuring all action items are met for a successful event. This position can be one person or it can be shared with another as Co-VPs.
- Upcoming Dine & Donate Events
If you are interested in volunteering at an event, please make sure to have your clearances. Here is more information on the documentation needed to volunteer in the North Penn School District.
If you have any Home and School questions feel free to contact: email@example.com.
For additional information be sure to check out our Hatfield Elementary Home and School Association Facebook page.
Hatfield Staff Spotlight!
This week our staff spotlight is on Mrs. Andrea Swan. Mrs. Swan is one of our ESL teachers and has been with Hatfield for 9 years. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family. Mrs. Swan loves the diversity at Hatfield and the different cultures that are represented here.
- If your child rides a bike to school, PLEASE remind them that they must wear a helmet. We are noticing that more and more students are not wearing one and of course, their safety is our concern. Thank you for your help with this.
- A slight change has been made to two of our busses. Please remind your child (if this applies) that bus 151 (orange) is now 26 and Bus 112 (blue) is now 151. We have been reminding students here at school as well.
Please send your children to school with appropriate clothing for the temperature outside. The district policy states that classes will not go out for recess if the wind chill is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Unless a doctor's note is turned into the office students will be required to go outside with their class.
If your child will be absent for the day please let us know. You can either: email Mrs. Mandes at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 215-853-1470 OR through the Hatfield website: https://hatfield.npenn.org/attendance. All absences will be marked as unexcused unless we are notified.
The district launched the Here Comes The Bus App. The app went live on January 9th. The app will be used to let parents know when their child’s bus is within a certain radius of the bus stop. Here is the communication sent out by the district. If your student is a bus rider, their ID should go home and come back to school every day. Please take the HCTB survey!
From Mrs. Ball: For the safety of your child, sneakers are required for students to actively participate in Physical Education (Gym) class. It would be greatly appreciated if you could assist your child in remembering to wear or bring sneakers to school on their designated PE day.
Hatfield Elementary School
The mission of Hatfield Elementary School is to encourage all students to aspire above and beyond in the areas of: Academic Achievement, Respect for Diversity, Community Involvement, and Individual Responsibility.