Color Poems and Illustrations
"Hailstones and Halibut Bones" by Mary O'Neill
Your Personal Color Poem
1. Sound...POW, Boom!, whisper, loud, fizzy
2. Texture...soft, sharp, rough, smooth
3. Feelings...calm, excitement, power, peace
4. Objects...food, people, clover, flowers
5. Time...season, morning, dusk,
There are sooooo many more words that describe. Believe it or not, your poem will include at least 10 lines, but MORE is fine!
To get you started...
On your paper start brain-storming...this writing will go through several changes. You will come back next week with even BETTER ideas than what you started with.
1. ____________________ is (color name).
Ex: Time is purple
2. There is ______________________.
Ex: There is purple ink
3. The sound of (color name) is _____________?
Ex: The sound of white is a whisper.
4. (Color name) is the color of _____________.
Ex: Gold is the color of clover honey.
Gold is the sunken treasure from an old ship.
5. (Color Name) is _________________.
Ex: Purple is soft.
6. (Color name) is like ______________.
Ex: Gold is feeling like a king.