News from the View!
Dedicated to furthering the lives of our students.
Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year!
As principal of North View Middle School, it is my pleasure to welcome everyone back for another great year at North View Middle School. I hope that your summer was relaxing and filled with fun, family and relaxation because you deserve it! The opportunity for your students to refuel over the summer is a necessary component of the important work that they will be doing this year. I hope they are re-energized for the coming year ahead. I anticipate another great year as we collectively strive to foster a school community inspired by our students that is responsive, empowering, and inclusive.
Please plan on attending our fall Academic Planning Conferences event which will occur on Thursday August 29th from 4pm to 7pm. In addition to meeting with your student’s teachers and other members of our school community, you will also be able to receive your student’s schedule, tour the building and see the recent construction updates that are occurring throughout the building (See pictures below). This is also a good time to ensure that your address and contact information is current, and your students medications needs are up-to-date. A light pizza dinner will be served to those in attendance.
Inspired by the community we serve, North View Middle School provides an inclusive and responsive environment that empowers and inspires our students for a bright and bold future. To do this we must work in partnership with our families and it is my mission to help each school community member feel welcomed, connected, and a part of our North View Middle School community. If you have a need or desire to stop over for a tour of our building or learn more about North View Middle School before the school year begins, please let me know, and I will personally set something up with you.
Thursday, Aug. 29th, 4-7pm
5869 69th Ave N Brooklyn Park MN 55429
School Supply List
We, the staff at North View Middle School, commit to…
- Providing challenging academic opportunities that are relevant, engaging, culturally responsive, and rigorous.
- Providing a meaningful, encouraging and safe environment that fosters the whole child, and focuses on student strengths.
- Including data driven best practices and instruction that meets the academic and individual needs of our students, improves student achievement, and promotes growth.
- Engaging in continued professional development to ensure that we are aware of our students’ racial perspectives, challenge our biases, and include practices that serve our diverse student population.
- Providing effective collaborative partnerships with the entire school community by ensuring that we encourage multiple opportunities for involvement, communication, and access.
- Modeling and implementing daily engaging multi-level reading and writing strategies within our classrooms.
- Accepting responsibility for each student’s success and celebrate that success with our school community.