by Saylor Clark
- Born in Caprese Michelangelo, Italy
- Born on March 6, 1475
- Spent most of his life in Florence, Italy
- When his family moved to Florence, they sent him to a wet-nurse living in Settignano
- Settignano influenced what he did with his life because there were many stone quarries
- Became an apprentice of Domenico Ghirlandaio at the age of 13
- He created drawings, sculptures, painting, and architecture
- Patrons were Lorenzo de' Medici, Julius II, Leo X, Clement VII, and Paul III
- Some of most famous pieces of art were David, Crucifix, Modonna of the Stairs, St. Paul, and Tomb of Pope Julius II
- Spent a full 2 years in the Medici house
David by Michelangelo
- Sculpture named David
- Sculpted between 1501 and 1504
- Located in Galleria dell' Accademia, Florence
- David is a symbol of Modern Western Civilization
- Michelangelo used great skill in making every muscle in the sculpture and the twisting torso
I find this piece very interesting because people accepted a very revealing sculpture. Today, this revealing sculpture probably wouldn't be accepted.
David, by Michelangelo, exemplifies humanism because it exemplifies the human body and the parts. The engraving on the sculpture shows every muscle of the human body.
- "Crucifix of Michelangelo Chiesa di Santo Spirito...Â© by leo1383." Panoramio. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Nov. 2013. <http://www.panoramio.com/photo/6661912
- "Madonna of the Stairs." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 17 Nov. 2013. Web. 18 Nov. 2013. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_of
- "Conversion of Saint Paul." Conversion of Saint Paul. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Nov. 2013. <http://www.wf-f.org/StPaul.html>.
- "THE LIFE OF THE ARTIST MICHELANGELO." THE LIFE OF THE ARTIST MICHELANGELO. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Nov. 2013. <http://cecelia.physics.indiana.edu/life/art/m
- "Firenze - Michelangelo's David - Around Italy - Photo Gallery - White Mouse Burrow - Нора Белого Мыша." Firenze - Michelangelo's David - Around Italy - Photo Gallery - White Mouse Burrow - Нора Белого Мыша. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Nov. 2013. <http://whitemouse.ru/photo/italy/firenze_d