Volume 34 - April 26-30
Mark Your Calendar
- May 3 - Tea Time Storytime
- May 5 - CARE Van (Immunisation Clinic) - 5:00-7:00 PM
May 3-7 - Teacher Appreciation Week -
Teachers and staff have had extra challenges this school year. Please show them your appreciation throughout the week. Below are some ideas for celebrating staff.
- Monday - Favorite Sweet/Salty Snack for Your Teacher
- Tuesday - Appreciation (Cards or Notes) for Paraprofessionals
- Wednesday - Appreciation (Cards or Notes) to the Support Staff - Front Office, Nurse, Counselor, & Principals
- Thursday - Appreciation (Cards or Notes) to the Special Programs - Special Education, Dyslexia, AIM, ESL, Intervention, PE Coach, Art Teacher, and Music Teaches
- Friday - Shower Teachers with Flowers or Gift Cards
STAAR Dates for both At-Home and In-Person Students. All STAAR testing will be on campus.
May 11 - 3rd-6th Math
May 12 - 3rd-6th Reading
May 13 - 5th Science
May 14, 17, 18 - Make-ups
End of Year Events
- May 17 - Kinder Field Day
- May 18 - 1st Grade Field Day
- May 19 - 2nd & 3rd Grade Field Day
- May 19 - 6th Grade Celebration - 5:00-5:45 and 6:15-7:00
- May 20 - 4th & 5th Grade Field Day
- May 20 - High School School Seniors Walk - 2:00 PM
- May 21 - 6th Grade Bell Ringing - 8:00 AM
- May 21 - 6th Grade Field Day
- May 21 - Last Day of School Early Release - 12:00 PM
- May 21 - 9:00-11:00 and 1:00-3:00 - At Home Students Return Devices, Hot Spots, and Materials
Upcoming Attendance Credit Election
Allen ISD will hold a special election, known as an Attendance Credit Election, on May 1 seeking voter approval for the district to pay recapture by purchasing attendance credit from the State with local tax revenue. An attendance credit is simply the name given for a district to equalize its wealth through recapture payments.
To learn more about the election and it's impact on our district, please visit:
Allen ISD Pre-K registration
Allen ISD Pre-K registration for the 2021-2022 school year is NOW OPEN! Did you know the district offers a Pre-K program for qualifying students? If you are interested in learning more about Pre-K eligibility criteria and enrollment details, please visit our webpage and review the flyer below.
5th and 6th Grade STAAR Tutoring Opportunity
Monday, April 12th the high school STEAM Ambassadors will launch a program aimed at preparing students for STAAR exams. Below are the flyers for the 5th and 6th grade tutoring programs. This program does not replace the support provided by teachers, but it is a wonderful supplement for students to prepare for STAAR.
The sign-up for STAAR tutoring will begin this Saturday when the schedule is updated. Additional information regarding the Ambassador Program as well as the tutoring initiative may be found here.
Congratulations to the 2021-22 PTA Board!
Executive Board for 2021-22
PRESIDENT – Trina Harmeson
1ST VICE PRESIDENT, PROGRAMS/AIDE TO PRESIDENT – Olivia Pearson
2ND VICE PRESIDENT, WAYS & MEANS (FUNDRAISING) – Not Filled
3RD VICE PRESIDENT, MEMBERSHIP – Not Filled
SECRETARY – Karla Duncan
TREASURER – Frances Uribe
PARLIAMENTARIAN – Daniel Uribe
Please email Principal, Judith Coffman if you are interested in any of the unfilled PTA positions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Character strengths are the positive qualities individuals have—as reflected in their thoughts, feelings, and actions—that promote the well-being of themselves and others. Though people may value different strengths to different extents, in general, parents and educators across cultures value these qualities and try to cultivate them in children and youth.
- Wisdom (creativity; curiosity; judgment; love of learning; perspective)
- Courage (bravery; perseverance; honesty; zest)
- Humanity (love; kindness; social-emotional intelligence)
- Justice (teamwork; fairness; leadership)
- Temperance (forgiveness; humility; prudence; self-regulation)
- Transcendence (appreciation of beauty and excellence; gratitude; hope; humor; spirituality)
Parent Chats—AISD Support Counselors are continuing to offer support to struggling parents through support chats. Parents can register up to two weeks in advance by going to the District Counseling page.
Resources for Families in Need
Marisol Puterbaugh, CARE Coordinator
- Watch DOGs - outside of the building greeting students and support with car line at arrival and dismissal.
- Library - support with shelving books
Please complete the following form if you are interested in volunteering as a Watch DOG greeter or as a library volunteer. https://forms.gle/82bX8ukojVyobWMT8
Volunteer Protocols while on Campus:
Background check must be completed prior to the time on campus https://www.allenisd.org/page/214
Adhere to Allen ISD Volunteer Guidelines found here: https://www.allenisd.org/page/214
COVID self-assessment check must be done. Please see the student screener linked here for questions to consider prior to coming to campus.
Masks must be worn at all times.
Keep social distance from staff and students while on campus. No close contact interaction with students and limited interaction with staff members in the designated areas.
Stay in the designated volunteer area during the time on campus. No visits to classrooms or areas with students such as the cafeteria.
Watch Dogs at dismissal/arrival will be limited to the use of air hugs, elbow bumps, or air high fives when greeting students to avoid direct physical contact.
Library volunteers will be limited to one volunteer per day at the designated time frames.
Kinder Registration for Next School Year
Pre-K students currently enrolled and attending Allen ISD at Rountree or Cheatham do not need to re-enroll for kindergarten.
The first day of school is scheduled for August 11, 2021.
Enrollment forms and information are available on the Allen ISD enrollment website. https://allenisd.org/Page/58088
Alton Boyd Elementary School
800 S Jupiter
Principal: Judith Coffman
Asst. Principal: Jenna Capps
Asst. Principal: Wendy Williams
Secretary: Elaine Gamboa
Registration: Gabby Villegas
Receptionist: Ale Reyes
Nurse: Terry Phillips
Counselor: Patricia Chavez
CARE: Marisol Puterbaugh
Campus Intervention Specialist (CIS): Yessica Schessler
PTA President: April Cheney