The CityLab Connect
Week of March 6th, 2023
A Message from our Community Liaison
This week our amazing art teacher, Ms. Turner hosted Big Art Day during lunch. Students were able to display their art work and work on a collaborative art piece. Needless to say, it was a very fun time for both students and staff.
I also wanted to say thank you to the parents who participated in Coffee with the Principal yesterday. If you missed it, there will be more to come! If you are interested, our counselor, Mrs. Crawford will be hosting a Parent University this Saturday, March 4th from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. She will be covering graduation requirements, PowerSchool, and more. So if you are interested you can register here.
Ms. Toomer, our biology teacher, is looking for donations to help fund her pig dissection lab. Due to budget constraints, she was unable to purchase the pigs and it is very expensive to do so out of pocket. If you can and would like to help out, so her students are able to participate in this lab, you can donate on her Donors Choose page.
The parent survey for the spring semester is out! If you would like to participate, you can fill it out here. It is very important that we get feedback from parents so that we know how to improve the school for the upcoming year.
If your kiddos need to make up hours, please make sure that they are doing so. We have attendance for credit Tuesdays and Thursdays after school until 6:30 p.m. There are after school buses available if they need transportation.
Ms. Elena Mares
CityLab Community Liaison
Please have your student bring their district issued laptop and charger everyday!
Schedule for week of 3/6
Monday, March 6th- A Day
Tuesday, March 7th-B Day
Wednesday, March 8th-C Day
Thursday, March 9th-A Day, A Day Clubs
Friday, March 10th-B Day, B Day Clubs
3/9- PTO Game Night ( See below)
3/23-CityLab Dance 6:00-8:00 PM
Testing Letter, please see below
CityLab Dance 3/23/2023
Campus Drop Off and Pick Up
School day is from 9:10 AM to 4:30 PM.
All students will enter and exit through the front door located on S. Ervay St.
All students will go through a security check prior to entering the building.
- Bus drop off/pick up will be at the front of CityLab High School on S. Ervay St.
- Bus drop off and pick up times vary for each route. Please refer to either the CityLab website or the Dallas ISD website for specific route times.
- Parent/Guardian student drop off/pick up will be on the side of CityLab High School on Corsicana. Please follow CityLab monitor instructions during drop off/pick up.
Please do not to park for pick up opposite the buses on Ervay or on Corsicana west of Ervay.
- Student dropped off begins at 8:15 AM on Corsicana.
- Parent/Guardian student pick up will be on Corsicana with parents/guardians lining up starting at 4:25 PM. For quick and efficient pick up, we ask that parent do not park in the spaces on Corsicana.
Students will not be realeased for early pick up after 4 PM.