November 30, 2020
Dear King Families
I hope this newsletter finds you all well and rested after cooking and enjoying wonderful Thanksgiving meals. The weather was a mixed bag, but there was enough sunshine the past few days to enjoy some outdoor fun or perhaps, work in the yard.
As last week was quite short, this week's Connections will be somewhat abbreviated as well.
I would like to remind everyone that Thursday, December 3rd, is an Early Release. Because all students are currently remote, the day for students will end at 12:00.
Due to the return to in-person learning shift to January, December 4th will no longer need to be Asynchronous. It will be a usual full day of remote, synchronous learning.
This week's King Connections includes:
* Link to the most recent FPS Return Plan Update
* December's Character Education Theme: RESPONSIBILITY
* Link to FPS Travel Advisory and Massachusetts Travel Updates During Covid
* FPS Parent/Guardian Covid Commitment Form
* Grab and Go Food Distribution
* PTO Website
* Dates to Remember
Please be sure to utilize the district tech website if you are having any tech issues.
Please note: The district has created this "Return to Learn" page that includes timely planning updates and resources for families.
December's Character Education Theme of the Month is RESPONSIBILITY
Definition: Doing your best and being accountable for your words and actions.
“I” Statement: I take ownership of my learning and behavior.
* What does it look like and sound like to take responsibility for your actions?
* What are some of the responsibilities you have that are easy?
* What are some responsibilities that are more challenging?
* How are your responsibilities different during remote learning?
Some Book Titles about Responsibility:
* The Paperboy: Dav Pilkey
* What if Everybody Did That?: Ellen Javernick
* Officer Buckle & Gloria: Peggy Rathmann (Available in Spanish)
* Strega Nona: An Old Tale: Tomie DePaola
* The Bad Seed: Jory John
* The Lorax: Dr. Seuss (Available in Spanish)
* Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse: Kevin Henkes (Available in Spanish)
* No, David! : David Shannon (Available in Spanish)
* The Mitten: Jan Brett* Sid the Homeless Hermit Crab: Stacey Marie Johnston (Available in Portuguese)
Giving Tuesday Campaign
Calling All King Families!
In a year where we can't be together for our normal fundraising efforts like King of Hearts Dance and 5K Fun Day we are reaching out and asking for donations to the King PTO Fund so we can continue to provide enrichment opportunities to our students and community. Between now and the end of day Tuesday, any donations made on the King PTO website will be matched by Avidia Bank. Please donate today!
Here is a link that may be helpful to keep up with which states are allowable for travel at a given time.
COVID Commitment Form
GRAB-AND-GO MEAL PICK-UP EXPANDS FROM FOUR SITES TO ALL FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS! Click HERE for More Information!
ParentTeacherOrganization Join our WebSite
Do you want to be able to connect with other parents in your child's classroom? Are you interested in volunteering at a PTO event? Do you want to buy tickets or register for PTO Events? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then visit http://www.kingpto.com today and join the school directory!
Any questions emails email@example.com
King School Hours
School Hours 9:05am - 3:20pm
Early Release Days
- Students who are learning remotely are dismissed at 12:00pm. Students who are learning in-person are dismissed at 12:55pm. Lunch IS served.
- Early Release Thursdays: 9/18/20, 12/3/20, 12/10/20, 12/17/20, 1/7/21, 1/14/21, 3/11/21, 4/29/21, 5/6/21, 5/13/21, 5/20/21, 5/27/21
- Students are dismissed at 12:00pm.
- Lunch IS NOT served.
- Half Days: 11/25 and the last day of school.