May 13, 2016
Office of Specialized Services Mission Statement:
St. Paul Public Schools Special Education Department is committed to reducing the disparity of our most marginalized students, primarily African American males, by bringing the inequity to the forefront.
- There is one social work position that has been posted, please refer to the online application system for more information. There should be more to follow in the coming weeks. I will continue to post them in the announcements.
- Farnsworth Upper- .8
- If you are interested in showing Paper Tigers opening week please email me ASAP so that I can reserve a copy for you.
- Elementary Social Workers -On Wedneday ,May 18th, 8:00-9:00, 360 Colborne, Rooms D & E. there will be a meeting for social workers and counselors who have PreK and/or the new Kindergarten Model Pilot sites in their buildings regarding social emotional supports.
Professional Development Opportunites
- "Going the Distance, Not Far Enough: The essential role of culture in Mental Health Interventions" Conference Key Note Speaker Dr.BraVada M. Garrett -Akinsanya, PhD., L.P. Friday, June 17, 2016 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, The Neighborhood House at Wellstone
- Calm.com will be launching Calm Kids for kids under 12.