March 11, 2020
Decisions about field trips, assemblies, and performances are currently being made at the site level by the principal. We are using the following recommendations to determine whether events will take place, be postponed, or be cancelled.
- Size: Small is better. The risk of getting the virus increases as the size of the crowd increases.
- Duration: Shorter is better. The risk of getting the virus increases as the duration of the event increases (e.g., a 2-hour event is lower risk than an all day event).
- Density: Risk of getting the virus increases in crowded settings. If the venue or setting doesn't enable people to keep social distance (more than arm's length of one another), the risk of spreading the virus increases. People should avoid crowded places where large numbers of people are within arm's length of one another.
- Geographic reach: Mixing of people across regions, states, and countries
Eastin has a number of field trips, assemblies, and performances coming up. I know there are questions about what will be postponed/cancelled and when the community will be notified. At this point, I am reviewing each event on our calendar prior to Spring Break to determine if we should consider postponing or cancelling. As information is changing daily, these decisions may change as well. My goal is to provide a list of events coming up and the current status. Each event will have one of the following:
- Event is Happening
- Event is being Monitored - Potential for Postponement/Cancellation
- Event is Postponed
- Event is Cancelled
To find a list of events and their status, click here. The status of these events will be changing as new information is provided, so please check back regularly. You may also choose to "subscribe" to this page by clicking the "subscribe" button under my photo.
This information is based on business as usual. Please check the COVID-19: Event Status Updates page for additional information about field trips, assemblies, and performances.
- PTC Meeting - Wednesday, March 11th @ 6:30 pm
- 2nd Trimester Report Cards in Thursday Envelopes - Thursday, March 12th
- Spring Picture Day - Friday, March 13th
- District Equity Meeting - Tuesday, March 17th @ 4:00 [District Office]
- School Site Council meeting - Wednesday, March 18th @ 2:30 pm
- Modified Day - Wednesday, March 18th [students released at 12:05 pm]
- Eastin Spring Concert - Wednesday, March 18th @ 7:00 pm [Logan]
- Applebee's Dinner Night Out Event - Thursday, March 19th
- Eastin Multi-Cultural Event - Friday, March 20th @ 5:30 pm
- NWEA 6th Grade Accelerated Math Assessment at IVCMS @ 4:00 pm
- Character Assembly - Friday, March 27th
- Eastin Only Private Mulan Screening - Saturday, March 28th
- Spring Break! March 30th through April 3rd - Enjoy time with your family
Spring State Testing Dates
- Testing for 3rd through 5th grade English Learner students will happen on March 20th, 23rd, and 24th.
- Testing for Transitional Kindergarten through 2nd grade English Learner students will happen April 30th, May 1st, and May 4th.
- Attendance is critical during these testing windows.
California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP)
- All 3rd - 5th Grade Students
- Testing will begin the week of April 27th and we hope to finish by May 15th
- Attendance is critical during this testing window.