GIST GRAFFITI WRITE
- Have each person at your table select one of the resources below to read/explore. No two people should be reading/exploring the same resource.
- READ / EXPLORE your resource.
- CHOOSE or CREATE one (1) phrase or statement that stands out to you as either an "a-ha" statement, a statement with which you strongly agree, or a statement that provides you with a new perspective.
- Graffiti WRITE your phrase or statement on your chart paper at your table.
- DISCUSS your resource with your table. In 60 seconds or less, each person will take turns discussing why they chose their statement.
- Everyone else will LISTEN and use the chart paper to free write individual and collective thoughts on the chart paper as you discuss as a group. Free write as much as you would like from the discussion.
- Based on your small group conversations, CIRCLE the SEVEN (7) most important words on your poster as a group. These words may be found in either your statements or from your free writing.
- USE the seven words circled to create a one- to two-sentence summary of your insights about coaching. Use all seven words in your summary statement. You may add words to complete your thoughts but your original seven words must be in your statement.
- CHART/VISUALIZE your one to two sentence summary on the GIST presentation.
- SELECT a spokesperson from your group to share your group's summary.