Mrs. Blake's Blossoms
North Bay Haven Charter Elementary
March 28-April 1, 2016
I hope that you all had a happy Easter and a wonderful Spring Break. Now it is time to get back to work! Please make sure that your child is well-rested and at school on-time. We still have lots to learn!
Thank you to all the parents who chaperoned our walk to the Nursing Home. The students did a wonderful job helping the residents welcome spring.
A big “thank you” also to the NBH SGA for giving our students a wonderful Easter Egg Hunt. This was such a special treat for the children!
What We Are Learning This Week:
Wonders Unit 8: From Here to There
Week 1: On the Move
Essential Question: What can help you get from here to there?
- Phoneme Isolation
- Phoneme Blending
- Phoneme Segmentation
Phonics: /j/j, /kw/qu
Oral Vocabulary: transportation, vehicle, journey, wide, fierce
- Genre – Fiction
- Strategy – Make, confirm and revise predictions
- Skill – Character, Setting, Plot
Category Words: Vehicles
Handwriting: Jj, Qq
Writing Trait: Sentence Fluency
Grammar: Sentences with Prepositions
- High-Frequency (Sight) Words: here, me
- High-Frequency (Sight) Words Review: I, can, the, we, see, a, like, to, and, go, you, do, my, are, he, with, is, little, she, was, for, have, of, they, red, yellow, blue, green, orange, pink, brown, black, purple, white, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, zero
- Calendar Math: counting by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s, 10’s, months of the year, days of the week, patterns, tally marks
- Pearson: Topic 12 – Measurement
Social Studies / Science:
- Compare children of today with those in the past
Spelling Words –it Family:
bit, fit, hit, kit, lit, pit, sit