PRINCIPLES OF SOCIAL MEDIA
OFFERED IN FALL 2015
ALL CLEVELAND STATE STUDENTS ARE WELCOME!
Meets MWF 12:25-1-15p.m.
This course provides students with an introduction to social media as it relates to the history, theories, ethics and practice of communication. Through lectures, in-class activities, and assignments, students in this class will explore a diverse range of social media forms including blogs, virtual communities, wikis, mobile, and video and photo sharing sites. They will become familiar with basic social media research and analytics programs and understand how social media can be used as part of a strategic communication campaign.
DON'T MISS THE CHANCE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SOCIAL MEDIA YOU LOVE!
Follow Dr. Kathleen Stansberry on twitter @kstansberry & use the class hashtag #CLESocMed
BE ONE STEP AHEAD OF YOUR FRIENDS!
WHAT TO TAKE AWAY FROM THE COURSE
- Students will be able to summarize the history of social media development and the current role social media tools play in the field of communications.
- Students will be able to identify commonly used social media platforms and describe their features.
- Students will be practice responsible, ethical and strategic social media use.
- Students will be able to critically analyze social media communication campaigns to identify best practices.
- Students will demonstrate their mastery of participatory communication through the application of social media tools, theory, and practice in both real world and hypothetical situations.