Cordelia Hills Staff Update
Attendance and Warm Body Counts
Please remember to take attendance each day. Simply put, Y is for those that have participated in distance learning (synchronous, asynchronous, or both). W is for those that didn't participate at all. This gives more details: Attendance During Distance Learning I can help walk you through the process, if needed. All corrections should be messaged to both me and Sandi until we get an attendance clerk.
Warm Body Counts
I will take a warm body count for each of the next 12 school days. This looks like me entering your google classroom each morning to take a count of students online. This won't be easy but I will do my best to not be disruptive. Please make sure your google meet codes are up-to-date here: Google Classroom/Google Meets Codes I must be the one to take the count. I can't accept your count.
Pandemic, Fire, Smoke...oh my!
I've reflected over the last two months and I realize that a lot of you are spending enormous amounts of time preparing over the weekend. I know the job of an educator never really stops but I also realize that our organization shouldn't contribute to that work with tasks/emails/messages over the weekend. Unless there is an emergency or unless you reach out to me with questions/needs (TOTALLY FINE), I am pledging not to send you any weekend emails or work. It isn't appropriate and it is creates a pressure on you to peel away from your family and self-care.
Have a great week and please don't be afraid to pepper me with questions.
Chromebook Distribution/Chromebook Repairs/HOT SPOTS
CB distribution Is still underway to families. Email MailyW@fsusd.org or have families email her. She will arrange a time for pick-up. Some families are using their own and that is okay but remember district assessments must take place on a District CB.
We are experiencing a large number of Chromebook breaks with the ones newly delivered by TSS. Have families fill this form out: https://forms.gle/TtGPwfx5wcbHiH4G6 Maily will receive the form and will arrange a time for pick-up/repair.
If a family needs internet support, one option is a hotspot. If you have a family that needs a hotspot, please email me. I currently have requests from several of you but am waiting on the actual hotspots to be delivered so thank you for the patience!
Please refer to this guide to see what curriculum can go home: Materials Guide and Digital Access
The pick up will be drive up like everything else we have done. Some of you have expressed interest in delivering to homes. Please contact me before planning this.
Your current primary contact on materials is me (via email). Maily Wester is the primary contact for curriculum. Please be patient with her. She is learning at light speed.
Remember, we can't request that they HAVE to print materials. Also, packets/paper can't substitute for Daily Live Interaction. Sending a packet of work home won't cut it for participation in distance learning. It can only be a supplement to the robust learning you are giving online.
Back to School Night
- Mandated Reporter via Target Solutions
- Coronavirus 101: What You Need to Know via Target Solutions
- Basic Pest Management in Office/Classroom via California Department of Pesticide Regulation **This is only required if you would like to use sanitizing/disinfecting spray/wipes in your work area.
There will be time on the first workday but I know some of you would rather just get them done now. You don't need to alert me to their completion as the system tracks that. I would keep a certificate or screenshot in case someone doesn't believe you finished them.
Site Safety Protocols
2. Please complete the self-screener before coming in to campus. You don't need to submit the screener each time. Please notify me if you are ill.
3. All staff must wear a mask at all times while working at their work stations or in classrooms with others. A mask must be worn by classified staff even when they are socially distanced. Staff who is working alone in a room or building may take their mask off.
4. While staff are working and having conversations with one another, ensure they maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing and are wearing a mask.
5. Staff Lounge may be used to warm up food or to store food (currently). Please wear a mask and distance in the lounge.
6. Please contact the office before entering.
7. The staff workroom is accessible but please wear a mask and remember to distance.
Schedule at a Glance
8/24: Elementary Level Admin Meeting, 3-5
8/25: Anti-Racism Site Admin Working Group, 8:30 AM
8/25: TOAS meeting with Lori Taylor, 10
8/25-8/27: Planned curriculum/materials distribution, all day
8/26: IEP at 2:45