3rd Grade Newsletter
Monday, May 17- Wednesday, May 26, 2021
What assignments do I turn in to my teacher?
7 Mindsets Survey
Beginning Monday, April 19th, you received an email from the K12 research group with a link to complete a survey for the 7 Mindsets. The survey should take you around 8 minutes to complete with 21 questions. K12 aims to continue to provide the highest quality education, and your responses help make that possible. Any information you give will be kept strictly confidential and will be reported in collection along with the feedback of others. Please take the time to answer honestly; there are no right or wrong answers.
If you need help with the survey, please don’t hesitate to ask your Learning Coach, a caring adult in your life, and/or OVCA Teachers and support staff (CFAs, Admin, School Counselors). We are here to assist you!
End of School Year & Returning Items
Our last day of school is Wednesday, May 26th. Do not return materials prior to this date.
K12 will provide prepaid UPS shipping labels to return materials to you. Labels will be sent prior to the first day of school. Materials can be sent back in any box, not just the boxes you received them in. If you need additional prepaid shipping labels, go to www.k12.com/support and select Click Here to Request UPS Return Labels found on the right hand side. Note: If you are returning to OVCA for the 2021-22 school year, do not return your computer.
To find out which materials should be returned, learning coaches should log in to their OLS account.
- Click the Learning Coach's name, located on the top-right of the home page.
- Click the My Info link.
- Select the student name, and then the "Orders" tab to see a list of all material orders.
- Select the order number that you would like to view.
- Scroll down to Course Materials to view a summary of your order; this includes a list of the materials provided for each course, the kit name/SKU number, the order status, and tracking information.
- Click the arrow (>) to see the items provided in each course kit.
- Use the icons (next to each item) and the Return status listed below, to determine which materials will or will not need be returned once the course and/or School Year is complete.
If you have any additional questions, please visit our help website available here.
NewRow Support for Families
If you need assistance with Class Connect sessions, powered by Newrow you can contact the Newrow Support Line at (877) 847-1169. Representatives are available to answer questions and troubleshoot any issues that students may have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
As always, if you are experiencing an issue with the Online School or any K12 application, you can contact K12 Customer Support at (866) 512-2273 or visit Help.K12.com
Free Tutoring Through OVCA!
We are excited to announce our school’s new Tutoring Initiative! OVCA will offer personalized academic tutoring based on your child’s needs with an emphasis in the subjects of English Language Arts (Reading/Writing) and Mathematics.
At this time, our new tutoring program will be completely virtual through an online service called TutorMe. Through this program, your child will be able to access a tutor at any time of the day to work on any subject. While the emphasis will be in math and reading, tutors for all subjects are available. The tutor will work with your child’s curriculum to help them improve their grades and gain confidence. The focus of tutoring is to equip your child with different methods of learning so they can have life-long skills in how to best solve problems for assignments, homework and projects.
Tutoring Sign-Up Link
Please contact Allison McCartney, our OVCA Tutoring Manager for more information email@example.com
Tips & Tricks for a Successful School Year
- Class connect attendance is extremely important in addition to completing online coursework. Please prioritize attending class every day and email all teachers if you know you are going to be absent. Communicate with your homeroom teacher about any scheduling conflicts.
- Create a family schedule to stay on track with all students' class connects.
- Come to class prepared. Be sure to eat, use the restroom, do chores, etc. before or after class connects. Log in to class a few minutes early to be ready to start on time.
- Stay on track each day by following the Bison On-Track Calendar.
- All assignments require 80% mastery in order to be marked complete. Click here to watch a video showing how to retake an assessment. If you run out of attempts, contact your homeroom teacher.
- Watch recordings of any missed class connects. Click here to see how to access recordings.
- Clear out browser cache, cookies, and history daily to ensure that your computer runs smoothly with Newrow. Click here for instructions. Shut down your computer each night.
Important Upcoming Dates
- May 10th-May 19th : EOY NWEA- switch to alternate schedule for remainder of year
- May 26th: Virtual Super Kids Day from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- May 26th: Last Day of School
In Case You Missed It
Hola! Bienvenidos a nuestra escuela!
Mi nombre es Sonia Gaytan, Asesor Familiar Comunitario
Si necesitas ayuda en español puedo ayudarte.
Puede enviarme un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org
Puede enviarme un mensaje de texto a 405 345 6018
Puedes llamarme a 405 259 9478 ext. 3150
You will be able to find current and past Bison On Track Calendars and Newsletters on the school website.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please use the link above or call 866-512-2273 to submit a ticket.
Teacher Contact Information
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 3256
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 3091
Text: (405) 309-7671
(405) 259-9478, ext. email@example.com
Special Education Teacher
(405) 259-9478, firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Education Teacher
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 2168
Text: (918) 550-4517
The Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access educational programs and activities. As required by Title IX, the Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy does not discriminate on the basis of gender, in its educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the Title IX non-discrimination matters:
- Angie Foust, Title IX Coordinator, email@example.com, (405) 259-9478 ext 2069, 1160 S Douglas, Midwest City, OK 73130
- Additionally, you may contact the Office of Civil Rights by calling 1-800-421-3481.