Regina Jr Sr High Newsletter
From the Principal
A few things have come up since the newsletter went out that I felt needed to be communicated prior to the next newsletter (if that makes any sense). In this abbreviated newsletter:
- Calendar for Catholic Schools Week
- The Scientific American article is not as hostile as I thought it would be after I read the title. It discusses issues facing the Internet Generation (iGen). It made me think of how I operate as a parent and an educator.
- No school on President's Day.
- Two pdf's are attached that have information in regards to vaping.
- Free/reduced lunch notice
I hope everyone's new year is off to a great start.
God Bless You,
Catholic Schools Week Schedule
Monday: Dress like a fictional character
Tuesday: Jersey day (Where your favorite team's/player's jersey)
Wednesday: Regular dress code
- K-12 Mass at 9:30 in the Gym
Thursday: Color Day (7th-yellow, 8th-white, 9th-green, 10th-red, 11th-purple, 12th-blue)
Friday: Navy & Gold Spirit Day
- 8:20-11:38 - Self Care & Reflection Activities
- 11:38-1:00 - Thank you notes, door decorating, lunch
- 1:00-2:00 - Raptor Center presentation (elem. gym)
- 2:00-3:10 - Talent Show (elem. gym)
No School on President's Day
Free/Reduced Lunch Notice
Please be aware that Iowa Legislation requires Regina to give parents a second notice of the availability for free/reduced meal benefits. The first notice and application were in the registration packets at beginning of school in August.
If you are not currently receiving free/reduced meal benefits and would like an application please let either office know and an application can be sent home.
If your student is already receiving meal benefits NO ADDITIONAL ACTION IS NECESSARY.