NCVPS Professional Learning
April 3, 2016
1st Learning Conversation - This Week
The First LC is scheduled for this week. You can attend one of the following meetings:
- Monday, April 4 at 2 PM
- Monday, April 4 at 8 PM
- Tuesday, April 5 at 8 PM
In this LC, we will focus on the video from the Fair Use: A Case Study. Be sure to watch the video prior to the LC and make sure that you have reviewed the questions associated with this video. We will use these questions to open up the LC and then conclude with a broader discussion of Fair Use.
The LCs will be hosted in Blackboard Collaborate. To access the LC, follow these steps:
- Log into the Copyright PL course.
- Click on Blackboard Collaborate in the menu on the far left side.
- Choose the Learning Conversation - Fair Use: A Case Study.
As a reminder, you will need to allot 5-10 minutes prior to the meeting's start time to log into BB Collaborate. Be sure to set up your microphone and speakers appropriately.
The Guest Link for accessing the LC is https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2012703&username=&password=M.268E228116BB2CE9D49BA0DC07D86A
If you need to use a telephone for the conference, Participant Dial In
571-392-7703 PIN 39 340 483 576. As a reminder, please keep your phone on mute except when speaking.
After each learning conversation, there will be a link provided to a google form to verify attendance.
2nd Learning Conversation
- Monday, April 11 at 8 PM
- Tuesday, April 12 at 8 PM
More information about this LC will be provided in next week's announcement. This LC will focus on Fair Use Scenarios.
Take 5 Introduces Canva
In this week's Take 5 episode, Canva Guru, Lydia Richmond, demonstrates how to use the tool. Check it out as a great way to create high quality graphics that meet your particular learning goals. This installment can be accessed in a variety of ways listed below. The direct YouTube link is posted below.
- Our Professional Learning course in Canvas: Professional Learning course
- In our Googledocs folder for Take 5: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8s8V22JVPZzbVFSd3F6QjZyb1E
- On our NCVPS PL YouTube Channel (be sure to subscribe!): https://youtu.be/wcRXoNzWrcU