Lincoln Lions Update
October 28, 2021
Halloween 10/29 Reminders
Please read these reminders for Halloween at Lincoln tomorrow:
- Pumpkin Patch: Pumpkins will be sent home with students end of day on Friday, 10/29, or can be picked up outside door 1 after school on 10/29.
- On Friday, October 29, students can wear their Halloween costumes to school. We encourage simple costumes that can be worn over clothes and removed easily and independently if needed. If students choose to bring their costumes to school, they need to be able to independently put it on in the classroom. Parents will not be able to come in to school to assist with make up or costumes this year. Masks that cover the face are not allowed. (However, students are expected to wear a face covering mask to school each day.) No violent costumes/fake weapons, or costumes with fake blood are allowed. Costume make-up is allowed as long as it does not cover the student's entire face. Staff members must be able to identify students.
- There will be a morning Halloween parade for AM Kindy and grades 1-6 at 10:00 am. Classrooms will exit doors 2 and 3, parade down one side of Ridgewood and cross the street, and then enter back into the building through doors, 4, 5 and 6 depending on proximity to classrooms. (We are hearing there may be rain. We will alert families by 8 am tomorrow morning if the parade will commence or be canceled.)
- PM Kindy will have an afternoon parade at 1:30 pm outside.(We will alert PM Kindy families if it is canceled.)
- Again, If the weather does not cooperate, the parades will be canceled.
Thank you to PTA and Parent volunteers for providing an activity for our students on Halloween. Your time is appreciated! Thank you, PTA, for continuing our Lincoln tradition of The Pumpkin Patch.
Lunch Hours Update
Kindness Day November 13, 2021
Lost and Found Bin is Full!
Teaching and Learning
Lincoln Thanksgiving Basket Food Drive
Lincoln will be putting together Thanksgiving Baskets for the Palatine Township that will go to families in need. Please consider donating food from the list below. Please make sure the food is not expired. All donations need to be at school by November 15th. Thank you for your generosity. Monetary donations are appreciated as well. Questions: Contact Mrs. Muccianti- firstname.lastname@example.org or (847)963-5717 Link to flyer
Instant Mashed Potatoes
Chicken broth- boxes or cans
Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate
Pie Crust Mix
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Dessert Mix- brownies or cake
Canned Sweet Potatoes
Colecta de alimentos para el Día de Acción de Gracias
Lincoln preparará canastas de Acción de Gracias para el municipio de Palatine que irán a las familias necesitadas. Por favor considere donar alimentos de la lista a continuación. Asegúrese de que la comida no esté vencida. Todas las donaciones deben estar en la escuela antes del 15 de noviembre. Gracias por su generosidad. También se agradecen las donaciones monetarias. ¿Preguntas? Comuníquese con la Sra. Muccianti- email@example.com o al (847)963-5717
Alimentos que se necesitan:
verduras enlatadas puré de papas instantáneo
cajas o latas de caldo de pollo gelatina
café, té o chocolate caliente mezcla para masa de pastel
salsa de arándano relleno para pastel
sopa de crema
de hongos (champiñones) mezcla de relleno en caja para pavo
para hacer pasteles o brownies camotes enlatados
leche evaporada aderezo para pavo (gravy)
Cereal, pasta de dientes, jabón
CCSD15 Job Fairs
Please share with your staff and families that District 15 will be holding Job Fairs on the following dates: Come apply onsite!
Monday, November 1, 2021
Monday, December 13, 2021
Monday, January 24, 2022
Monday, March 7, 2022
Palatine Library, 700 N. North Court, Palatine, IL 60067
We are looking for the following positions:
Bus Drivers - no experience necessary; paid training; free benefits (employee only); pension; paid holidays
Substitute Teachers and Substitute Program Assistants - set your own schedule!
Full time Program Assistants
Office and Library Clericals
An Update from the Nurse
Hello Lincoln Parents,
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year. This is a friendly reminder that the below health records are required for the following students:
Kindergarten and NEW students to District 15: Health Examination and Immunization form (Due 10/15/21), Vision form (Due 10/15/21), and Dental form (Due 5/15/22).
1st Grade - Students who were virtual last year and did not turn in their health records are required to have Health Examination and Immunization form (Due 10/15/21), Vision form (Due 10/15/21), and Dental form (Due 5/15/22).
2nd Grade – Dental form (Due 5/15/22)
6th Grade: Health Examination and Immunization Form (Students are required to have Meningococcal and Tdap vaccines). (Due 10/15/21), Dental form (5/15/21).
These health requirements are required per Illinois State Law. Please be aware your child will not be allowed to attend school after the October 15, 2021 exclusion date without these health forms (exception being dental forms due 5/15/22).
If you are in doubt about your student’s health records or have any other questions or concerns, please contact the nurse at the below information.
Dawn Plizga, RN, BSN, BS
Lincoln School Nurse
Phone number 847-963-5702
Fax number: 847-963-5706
21 - 22 CCSD15 Parent Handbook Information
OCTOBER CHARACTER TRAIT: SELF AWARENESS!
Thursday, 10/28: PTA Pumpkin Patch drop off: Door 1 8:00 am - 8:30 am
Friday, 10/29: K-6 Halloween Parade 10:00 am Ridgewood Drive and take home pumpkins!
Friday, 10/29: PM Kindy Halloween Parade 1:30 pm and take home pumpkins!
Week of 11/1: School Store for grades 4 and 5
Monday, 11/1: D15 Job Fair, 12 - 3 pm 700 N. Court, Palatine (Behind Baker's Square)