By: Madie Hutton
Scientific Name- Ginglymostona cirratum
Order- Orectolobi formes
- Mouth near tip of snout has nasal barbels on each slide
- First and second dorsal and anal fins are rounded
- The second dorsal fin is almost as large as the first one
- Eyes are very small
Size and birth
They are usually 4.25 meters long
The females hatch the eggs inside of their bodies and then they have a live birth
They prefer sea snails, crustaceans, mollusks, and other small fish
- Found near the south of North America
- Near the beginning and towards the middle of South America
- The west side coast of Africa
- They are nocturnal
Nocturnal- hunt at night
- They sleep during the day
"All about Sharks." N.p., n.d. Web.
"Ginglymostoma Cirratum." :: Florida Museum of Natural History. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 May 2016.
"Nurse SHARK - Enchanted Learning Software." Nurse SHARK - Enchanted Learning Software. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 May 2016.