Are Salary Caps too high?
Should salary caps be lowered or raised?
- -Austin Mataio Tuatagaloa
- -Should professional sports lower or raise the salary caps?
- -Professional sports should lower salary caps because players get paid way too much players shouldn't be getting paid as much as they want.
- BACKGROUND INFORMATION
- -Salary Caps should be lowed for professional sports. Some players get paid way to much. Alot of players ask for max contracts and it messes with the team. It isn't fair for the players that get paid very little but they contribute to the team just like the others who are getting paid way too much.
- Along these lines, cap proponents often argue that financial restraint is necessary to keep franchises-and their valuable brand identities-afloat for generations.
- 5 QUOTATIONS
- “Professional athletes are making too much money in a society where salaries and wages are traditionally based on the value of one's work. In today's society, one should be paid according to the job’s economic importance and their value to society.” Also stated by Bhagat, Teaching is one of the most economically important occupations because our future economy relies on the education of its youth, yet teachers are paid astronomically less than the average professional athlete is.
- On the other hand if the salary cap doesn't lower it should at least be balanced through out all the players.