August 20th , 2021
First Week Updates
Dear Paddock Families,
Our students and staff have had an amazing first week of school! It was great to see so many students excited, engaged, and ready to learn. A big thank you to all of the parents and staff! Your efforts have helped to make the students' return to school this year a wonderful experience.
Self-certification lanyards were sent home with students this week. Please remember to sign the card in the lanyard each morning to certify that your child is free of COVID symptoms. Like last school year, we will be checking students' lanyard as they enter the building. If your student's lanyard gets lost or broken, please let the classroom teacher know and we will provide another.
There have also been some changes to our drop-off and pick-up procedures as well as the Parent Orientation event. I have outlined these changes below.
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions.
**UPDATED** Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
After seeing how drop-off and pick-up have gone these first few days, some necessary changes have been made to reduce the amount of traffic congestion and to expedite the process. Please see the changes below and review the revised map for a visual of traffic patterns and drop-off/pick-up locations.
- All car riders (K-6) will enter and exit through door 12. All cars will go through the cul-de-sac. There will be only one row of cars waiting instead of two. For families who were here prior to COVID, it is the same process as before.
- All walkers (K-6) will enter and exit through door 1 (main entrance).
- Additional staff will be stationed throughout the hallways to guide students who have changed entrances to their classrooms.
- Buses will stay the same.
When dropping off or picking up your student, please remember to:
- Stay in your car
- Have your student exit and enter the car on the passenger side
- Pull up as far as you can
- Stay in line with the other cars. Do not try and pull around someone
- (Pick up only) Scan the QR code sign to fill out a form to let us know you are here. We will send your child out at that time.
Following these procedures will help to keep our students safe and traffic moving.
This year, for Parent Orientation, we will be offering both an in-person and live streaming option. Families are welcome to come to Paddock to attend but, if they so choose, they may join a Meet and stream into the classroom to watch the teacher's presentation live. Classroom teachers will provide families information on how to live stream into their presentation.
Parent Orientation will be held on Thursday, August 26th. The schedule will be staggered to reduce congestion in the building and allow for increased social distancing. Please review the schedule below to know when to attend Parent Orientation either in-person or live streaming.
6:30-7:15 - Kindergarten - 3rd Grade families
7:15-8:00 - 4th Grade - 6th Grade families
Hope to see you there!
If your child has a Health Care plan for asthma or an allergy OR has medication they need to take at school, please make sure you read the linked documents and get in contact with Mrs. Pool, our Paddock nurse. You can reach her at 847-963-5802 or email@example.com.
Join The Paddock PTA!!
Paddock's PTA is an organization of families and teachers working together to provide an enriching learning environment for our students and a welcoming community for our families. Your PTA membership is used to host school activities, student programs, and school assemblies. It helps our families connect with each other, know what’s happening at Paddock, give parents opportunities to volunteer and provide support to our teachers. The more members our PTA has, the more good we can do.
To join the PTA please visit the Paddock PTA website.
Back To School Picnic
We hope to see you there!
Paddock Spirit Wear
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- August 26th - 6:30-7:15 - Kindergarten - 3rd Grade Parent Orientation
- August 26th - 7:15-8:00 - 4th Grade - 6th Grade Parent Orientation
- September 1st - 7:00-8:00 - PTA Meeting
- September 9th - 5:00-7:00 - Back To School Picnic