Weekly Warrior for Families
February 3, 2023
Parent-Teacher Conferences are next week...
Conferences are held Thursday, February 9th from 3-6pm (20 minutes intervals...last conference at 5:40) and Friday from 8am-12pm (last conference at 11:40pm).
If you are interested in meeting with your child's teacher(s), please call the Counseling Center, 378-2435, to set up a conference time during the timeframe listed above.
If teachers are specifically requesting a meeting for your child, the teacher and/or Counseling will attempt to reach you to get this scheduled. Please return the call/email promptly so we can get these scheduled. Your child's SUCCESS is our priority and we look forward to partnering with you.
8th grade Washington DC Trip - deadline
8th Graders not attending the DC trip
Want to purchase some Sevier Spirit Wear?
The online store is now available for the spirit wear. You can access this by following this link.
Track and Field Information
Baseball Tryout Information
Baseball Tryouts will be February 8th and 9th, 3-5pm. Players must have a physical on file to try out. Wear appropriate clothing. Weather may dictate inside tryouts. Be prepared to be inside or outside.
JSMS Orchestra Junior Clinic
Friday Feb. 10th (black Orchestra T-shirt)
7:45 Students report to Sevier. Bus departs for Johnson City
4:00 Students dismissed, parent transportation home
Saturday Feb. 11th (concert wear) PARENT TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM
8:30 Students arrive Science Hill High School
1:30 Concert (free) open to parents and public2:00 Parents transport students home
Cheer Team Opportunity
Dance Team Opportunity
Week 1 - See schedule below.
All games will be at Sevier in the Sprankle Gym. Parents, please enter through gym door on Wateree (near bike rack)
Weight Room Opportunity @ DB
Dobyns Bennett's strength and conditioning coach, Zach Fleming, will be holding workouts for Middle School Athletes on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:15-4:30 starting January 9th. There will be a bus that will take students to DB if students need a ride. Anyone planning on playing football next year needs to take advantage of this opportunity and those individuals need to come see Coach Spivey or Coach Colobro.
Note: This is not just for football. The weight room will be open to ALL Middle School athletes at that time.
Clothes closet needs
- Sweatpants/"joggers" for boys and girls. Students prefer the kind that are gathered at the bottom over the wide leg. Sizes: adult medium, adult large.
- Crewneck sweatshirts
Kids Business Expo
A message from our Sevier PTA
- Each grade level will receive an email today for a sign-up opportunity for our Supply Drive/Valentine's Treat for the staff. We are going to love on our amazing staff again for the month of February!
- Please checkout the information above to purchase your Sevier Spirit Wear!
- Food City is making $700,000 available to participating schools to invest in classrooms, equipment and essential supplies. For every dollar spent at Food City, using your ValuCard, one point will be earned for JSMS. All you have to do is link your ValuCard and you'll automatically earn points every time you shop! Food City is no longer processing school requests in the store. The only way to connect your card to JSMS is to do it through the Food City website. You have to register your card each year, even if you registered your card to JSMS in a previous year.Please follow the steps below to connect your card to JSMS for the 2022-23 school year:
Go to the Food City School Bucks website https://www.foodcity.com/schoolbucks/
Click the COMMUNITY tab across the top
Choose School Bucks
Login using the email address connected to your value card OR create a new account
Go to COMMUNITY and School Bucks again (yes again)
Yet again it will ask you to login (yes a second time)
There is a My School Bucks section where you can click update my school. Click update my school and type John Sevier Middle School as your option.
We appreciate your support in all our endeavors.
Love, JSMS PTSA
School Dance - February 23rd
Pre-orders for our 1980s-inspired yearbook, "Retro Memories". Pre-order your yearbook for the low price of $30. To reserve your copy visit https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/ and enter code "13619723".
- Please keep your contact information updated. This can be done through your Aspen Parent Portal or by contacting LeAnn Franklin in the counseling office, 378-2435 or firstname.lastname@example.org. It's vitally important that we have current contact phone numbers and a correct address for each student.
- You MUST present an ID when visiting Sevier or checking out your student.
- If you know your child is going to be absent, please email email@example.com, you can do this rather than calling the school. If you prefer to call, please call 423.378.2450 as early as possible on the day of the absence. Any doctors notes or other excuses can be sent to the above mentioned email as well, or brought to the front office by the student upon their return.
Coding opportunity offered in our community
Community Opportunity for Grandparents and Relative Caregivers
February 6-10, 2023
Monday, February 6
- Leadership Ambassador Meeting Monday February 6th from 2:45-3:45
- Track and Field tryouts - girls only Monday, February 6th
Tuesday, February 7
- Softball tryouts will be on February 7 & 8.
- Track and Field tryouts - boys only Tuesday, February 7th
Wednesday, February 8
There will be a Sequoyah Scribe staff meeting in room 329 from 2:50 to 3:30 pm. All student journalists are required to attend. The editorial team will meet until 5:00 pm.
Baseball Tryouts February 8th and 9th, 3-5pm
Softball tryouts will be on February 7 & 8
Thursday, February 9
- Baseball Tryouts Febuary 8th and 9th, 3-5pm
- Parent Teacher Conferences, 3-6pm
- Students attending the 8th grade trip to Washington DC: all money due
Friday, February 10
- Parent Teacher Conference day 8am-12pm (No Students)
JSMS Orchestra Junior Clinic
Saturday, February 11
- JSMS Orchestra Junior Clinic
Save the Date
- Spring Picture Day, February 17th. This will be for students that have pre-paid only.
- School dance on February 23rd - 'A Night at the Disco'.
End of Year Awards Programs
6th grade: Wednesday, May 17 @ 8:00 AM
7th grade: Wednesday, May 17 @1:30 PM
8th grade: Thursday, May 18 @ 9:00 AM
*All programs will be held in the Sevier Gym.
Free Athletic Physicals in May (more information to come)