DIR Floortime... DIR 101:
Overview of the DIR Model and Floortime Intervention
Who Should Attend?
Speech/Language Pathologists, Mental Health Professionals, Educators, Paraprofessionals, OTs, PTs, School Counselors, School Nurses, Parents or anyone interested in the topic.
About the Presentation:
This is an introductory course that reviews the theoretical framework, scientific evidence, and scope of application of the DIR model promoting functional emotional developmental capacities, reflective thinking, and overall mental health for all children and adults, including those with special needs.
This is an ICDL approved introductory training. Following this course, participants may enroll in DIR 201 through ICDL.com.
Participants successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Identify common features of autism and other challenges of relating and communicating
- Identify the key features of relationship-based approaches
- Explore 6 Functional Emotional Developmental Capacities (FEDCs) in the DIR® model and potential challenges that children face at each capacity
- Understand the "I" in DIR - individual differences and how health, sensory processing, and regulatory challenges can impact a child's development
- Discuss key principles and basic strategies of Floortime ™
- Understand the role of relationship and family in the DIR® model
- Understand the essential role of affect as it is related to the D, the I, and the R
About the Presenter:
Thursday & Friday, March 13 & 14, 2014
Check in starts at 8:00
Breakfast and Lunch at SERESC
Certificate of Attendance available for 12 Contact Hours
$290.00 Per Participants
$250.00 early registration by 2/27/2014--Enter discount code: EARLY*REGISTRATION
For Member District Discount: See your school district administrator for a code to use when you register online.
Registration Closes 3/10/2014
Cancellation should be made in writing. A full refund will be made for cancellations postmarked, or sent via email, 7 days before the event.
No refunds will be given for requests received after 7 days before the event, or for "no shows". We do accept substitution of another person at our conference. 24 hours of notification is appreciated.
All received registrations are subject to Cancellation/Refund policy. Cost of registration fee is still liable whether payment is paid or unpaid, if no notice of cancellation is received at least 7 days prior to the event.
If minimum requirement enrollment is not met prior to the early registration deadline, the event may be postponed or canceled.
SERESC Conference Center
29 Commerce Drive
Bedford, NH 03110
Our mission is to inspire innovation and excellence in education and professional practice, and our vision is for helping organizations and individuals achieve their greatest potential as they learn, lead and grow. Our core values are innovation, excellence, integrity, and service.
Click below for directions