DEAR WINTER PARK FAMILIES:
Thank you to everyone that came out and volunteered for Fun Day on Friday! It was a successful event that wouldn't have been possible without the organization of Coach Pellizzari, and the many volunteers that helped run the stations.
While there are many fun and exciting things happening over these few weeks, including Spring Fling, field trips, and end of year celebrations, one of the most important things happening is our end of year testing season:
- Assessments have already started for many of our K-2 students, and will continue over the next few weeks.
- Our students in grades 3-5 will spend the next few weeks reviewing concepts, and testing during the final week of May. See the calendar below or click HERE for a list of EOG dates.
- It is very important that your child is at school in order to be present for instruction and/or testing. This is their opportunity to show off and demonstrate everything they have learned this year, which is a lot, so thank you for doing your part to ensure they get plenty of sleep and arrive on time each day over the next 5 weeks.
Please be sure to check Class Dojo, my weekly Sunday updates, and our school social media pages over the next few weeks. As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Have a great week! ~Mr. Hall
DIGITAL MEDIA SURVEY
We need your help! The district is asking all families to complete a Digital Media survey about your access to technology/internet at home. The survey can be done in your PowerSchool Parent Portal, and will not take long to complete. For more information about accessing the parent portal, see below:
- Learn about PowerSchool Parent Portal video
- To create a PowerSchool account and link it to your child's academic information, please follow the steps below or click here for a step-by-step document with pictures.
- Visit https://nhcs.powerschool.com/public/home.html
- Click the "Create Account" tab, then click the "Create Account" button.
- Enter your account information as directed.
- To link your child to your PowerSchool account, you will need to obtain their Access ID and Access Password from their school.
- Once you log in to your account, the survey will be available for you to complete. Click HERE for instructions on how to access.
***Our data manager, Marilyn Lobough, sent home your access ID and access password at the beginning of the year. If you need another copy, reach out to her via phone or email (email@example.com).
5th Grade Broadcast: May 5th, 2023
Check out these staff shout-outs submitted last month:
- Mrs. Price and Mrs. Stoddard: They work with love and enthusiasm, their faces are always happy, and they speak to the kids in a nice/kind manner.
- Mr. Rohrback: He saved the day when he ran home to get his own, personal sound equipment because there was a problem with the speakers in the auditorium during one of the encore performances of 101 Dalmations.
- Mrs. Stoddard:
- Awesome job on the 4th and 5th grade musical!
- Excellent job and dedication to her students on her hit performance of 101 Dalmations!
- We would like to recognize Ms. Stoddard for the incredible work she did to make 101 Dalmatians a fantastic production and unforgettable experience for all involved. Witnessing the energy, enthusiasm, dedication, and passion that Ms. Stoddard exudes as she brings out the best in a big group of kids simultaneously is nothing short of inspiring. Thank you Ms. Stoddard! We are so grateful!
Don't forget that you can nominate any staff member for a shout-out! Just use the short form below and they will be recognized in next month's final Dolphin Digest of the year:
If you didn't have a chance to view the performance, be sure to check it out below:
We are proud to showcase the students that earned a shout-out for making a SPLASH during the month of April. They were recognized for doing something positive that aligned with one of the five values, and their shout-out was read on the morning announcements. Check out the video below:
Check out these two fifth graders that who recently had their artwork featured on a card that was handed out to guests of the NHCS Educator of the Year banquet. We are so proud of them!
New Hanover County Schools is looking for community ‘EOG Greeters’ to welcome, encourage, and boost the morale of students upon their arrival to school each day from Friday, May 26th through Friday, June 2nd. We ask that ‘EOG Greeters’ bring an encouraging sign and come ready to cheer our students on.
If you are able to volunteer for this, click HERE for a list of all elementary schools in NHCS. Feel free to sign up for Winter Park, or any other school with open slots. See the calendar below for a list of dates our school will be testing during that week.
FROM YOUR PTA:
- Staff Appreciation Week: May 8-12
- Thank you to everyone that has signed up to bring in items this week. Click HERE for the link if you still are able to volunteer.
- Spring Fling: Friday, May 12th from 4:30-7:00
- We hope to see you ALL at Spring Fling this Friday! See the flyer below for more details.
MAY DATES AT WPES:
Monday, May 8th:
- Staff Appreciation Week begins!
Tuesday, May 9th:
- Interim reports go home with students
Friday, May 12th:
- SPRING FLING! (4:30-7:00pm)
Monday, May 22nd:
- Kindergarten field trip to Children's Museum
Wednesday, May 24th:
- End of Year celebration parade
- WPES School Improvement Team meeting (3:00pm)
Thursday, May 25th:
- 2nd Grade field trip to Aquarium
Friday, May 26th:
- 5th Grade Science EOG
- 4th Grade ELA EOG
Monday, May 29th:
- Memorial Day Holiday: No school for staff or students
Wednesday, May 31st:
- 3rd Grade ELA EOG
- 5th Grade ELA EOG
Thursday, June 1st:
- 3rd Grade Math EOG
- 4th Grade Math EOG
- Kindergarten field trip to Airlie Gardens
Friday, June 2nd:
- 5th Grade Science EOG