January 20, 2021
Last Week for Family 3/2 Model
Family 3/2 Model Schedule:
- Monday, Jan. 25 (A-Day) for A-K
- Tuesday, Jan. 26 (B-Day) for A-K
- Wednesday, Jan. 27 (A-Day) for A-K
- Thursday, Jan. 28 (B-Day) for L-Z
- Friday, Jan. 29 (A-Day) for L-Z
No School Monday, February 1st. 5-Day In-person School starts Tuesday, February 2nd.
Return to 5-Day In-Person Learning in February
Want to Change from Remote to In-Person or Vice Versa?
- Buffett parent/guardians may request a change from in-person to remote or vice versa. To request a change, email Deidre.Schukei@ops.org or Darci.Watkins@ops.org with a written request as soon as possible. Please include your Bobcat’s name in the request.
- If a student is currently an in-person 3:2 student, they will remain in-person starting Tuesday, February 2nd.
- If a student is currently a 100% remote student, they will remain 100% remote starting Tuesday, February 2nd.
Review of School Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Arrival to School
- School begins at 7:40 a.m. and concludes at 3:05 p.m. daily.
- The school building is open at 7:25 a.m. Students are not to be in the building or on property before this time. Doors will be unlocked from 7:25-7:45 a.m. and then once again locked until the end of our school day, which is at 3:05 p.m. Additionally, at 3:15 p.m., our doors will be locked for the day.
- Students will go to their first block class at 7:25 a.m. if they are not having Grab and Go breakfast.
- See breakfast information below.
Staggered Dismissal Times
In order to reduce foot traffic after school, our students will follow a staggered dismissal.
- At 3:03-bus riders will follow teachers out
- At 3:04-walkers will be dismissed
- At 3:05-car riders will follow teachers out
Students will also all use separate exits from the building.
- 5th grade will dismiss out the main doors.
- 6th grade will dismiss from the east doors by the green space (hill).
- 7th grade will dismiss from the bus loop doors.
- 8th grade will dismiss from the west doors (top of the stairs by the track)
Scholastic Picture Retakes RESCHEDULED
Buffett is offering picture retakes for students that missed the original date or who would like to try again!
The new date for the retake is February 11th. Watch for a link from Tracy Wernsman to be emailed home so you can sign up for retakes or make-ups, if you would like.
Buffett Student Lanyards
We are excited to announce that there will be girls' basketball skills development and boys' athletic conditioning opportunities beginning January 25-March 5 this year.
This will be a great opportunity for you to warm up some of your muscles and your sports thinking! Moreover, we are looking forward to spring sports of track and field and soccer to begin fourth quarter. Information on fourth quarter sports will be coming soon.
Meanwhile, if you are interested in taking part in girls' basketball skills development or boys' athletic conditioning, stop by the main office beginning today, Tuesday, January 19th to pick up the necessary forms. Additionally, we are hoping to have these forms available electronically sooner rather than later. When the forms are available electronically, we will get them to you via email.
THIRD QUARTER ATHLETIC OPPORTUNITIES SCHEDULE from 3:15-4:40 pm the following days:
Mondays: Boys' athletic conditioning for A-K cohort
Tuesdays: Girls' Basketball skills development for A-K cohort
Thursdays: Boys athletic conditioning for L-Z cohort
Friday: Girls' basketball skills development for L-Z cohort
Thank you for your interest in getting more involved with Buffett Athletics; we love working with you!
Human Growth and Development
Hello 5th grade parents/guardians:
In 2016 the Board of Education of the Omaha Public Schools District approved updated curriculum standards for the Human Growth and Development for grades 4th-8th and 10th. An email will be sent to the email address on file of parents/guardians that will include a permission form that must be completed for your student to participate.
This form must be completed for your student to participate by January 22nd, 2021.
If you have any questions about the lessons, please contact Ms. Boyer, Nurse at Alice Buffett Magnet Middle School, at 531-299-2321 or email@example.com.
20-21 Yearbook Orders Deadlines!
Our yearbook deadlines are swiftly approaching. Here is a quick reminder of our upcoming deadlines:
- February 1st: Last day to purchase student ads.
- January 31st: Last day for yearbook pre-order. (We normally have extra copies at the end of the year, but it is safest to pre-order.
- Yearbook Price: $40
- Yearbook Ads: Price varies. (See the Walsworth link below to purchase).
Important: We have opened up yearbook ads for all grade levels (not just 8th grade) because of the crazy school year. Please consider purchasing a yearbook ad to commemorate your students' year of remote learning.
Please purchase yearbook and/or ads online at: https://yearbookforever.com/schools/alice_buffett_magnet_middle_school_buy_yearbook_424/
We will be previewing parts of the yearbook in the next few weeks. Follow us on Twitter at @YearbookBuffett for previews and requests for photos.
Photos can be uploaded to our server with the Yearbook Snap app. Find our school and use the password yearbook2021 so we can have more photos of our remote Bobcats. 🙂
If you have any questions, reach out to Mrs. Mallett Smith at Jennifer.MallettSmith@ops.org