A weekly update from campus...
May 6, 2016
STAAR Testing Next Week
- NO VISITORS will be allowed on campus for any grade level the whole week of May 9-13. This may change based on student needs. We will notify you if the campus opens for visitors on Thursday, May 12th or Friday, May 13th.
- Please have your students to school on time on these dates, as testing begins in the morning.
- May 9th: STAAR Test - 3rd & 4th Math
- May 10th: STAAR Test - 3rd & 4th Reading
- May 11th: STAAR Test - 5th Science
- May 12-13th: STAAR Make-up dates
May 9-13: NO VISITORS will be allowed on campus for any grade level this entire week. This may change based on student needs. We will notify you if the campus opens for visitors on Thursday, May 12th or Friday, May 13th.
May 9: STAAR Test - 3rd & 4th Math
May 10: STAAR Test - 3rd & 4th Reading
May 11: STAAR Test - 5th Science
May 12-13: STAAR Make-up Testing
May 20: Field Day
May 24: Kindergarten Celebration of Learning; 8:15 am
- Master Builders Club Meeting; after school
- Green Team Party; after school
May 24-25: PTA Labels for Education Collection
May 25: 1st Grade Celebration of Learning; 8:15 am
May 26: Parent Volunteer Breakfast; 8:00 am
- Kids Count Players Assembly (Kindergarten-2nd grade); 8:15 am & 9:15 am
- LAST NORRIS NOW; 2:10 pm
- PTA Meeting & Choir Performance; 6:30 pm
May 27: No School - Bad Weather Make-up Day
May 30: Holiday - No School
May 31: 3rd Grade Celebration of Learning; 8:15 am
- 5th Grade Bowling Field Trip; school hours
June 1: 4th Grade Celebration of Learning; 8:15 am
- Bluebonnet Bash; school hours
June 2: 2nd Grade Celebration of Learning; 8:15 am
June 3: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- 5th Grade Ceremony; 8:30 am
- Classroom parties; 1:45 pm
Teacher Appreciation Week - THANK YOU!!
Also, thank you to our awesome parents who helped to volunteer and/or brought in gifts and goodies this week! We are blessed to have amazing parents and families here at Norris!!
Field Day - Friday, May 20th
End of Year Celebrations
Kindergarten: Tuesday, May 24th; 8:15 am
1st grade: Wednesday, May 25th; 8:15 am
2nd grade: Thursday, June 2nd; 8:15 am
3rd grade: Tuesday, May 31st; 8:15 am
4th grade: Wednesday, June 1st; 8:15 am
5th grade: Friday, June 3rd; 8:30 am
All celebrations will be held in the cafeteria. Visitors must have had their license scanned at Norris already, or be prepared to show photo ID.
Yearbooks are Coming!
Yearbooks will be distributed on Tuesday, May 31st. They will be sent home with the students who have purchased them.
If your student will not be on campus on and after 5/31/16, please email Amanda Parish, at: email@example.com to arrange for an alternate pick up time.
Still need to order a Yearbook?
A limited quantity of yearbooks are available for purchase. Please log onto your student’s My Payments Plus account— www.mypaymentsplus.com-- on Monday, May 16, 2016 at 8am. You will see an option to purchase underneath the Cafeteria Account Payments section. The cost is titled “Norris 15-16 School Yearbook”. This window will be open from Monday, May 16, 2016 at 8:00 am until Friday, May 20, 2016 at 12:00pm. Yearbook sales through My Payments Plus are First Come, First Serve. Due to the limited number of books available, we cannot guarantee any purchases. Please log in once the sales window opens. The purchase information will automatically be removed from the website once we have sold of the remaining yearbooks. No additional books will be available once the fee has been removed. All yearbooks through My Payments Plus will be distributed on 5/31/16.