Differentiation in Math
- Today we are investigating strategies for differentiation in math,
- So that we can ensure that we are differentiating activities and instruction to meet the needs of our students.
- I'll know I've got it when I can successfully develop centers and workshop activities that are differentiated.
Strategies for Differentiation: From How to Differentiate Your Math Instruction
Menus Video Clip 7.2
Think Tac Toe Video Clip 7.3
eCLASS module Book Study and examples of Differentiated Activities:
2. Go to the MOCC on the eclass page.
Examine the differentiated activities for your grade level.
YOUR TURN - Choose ONE.....
- Choose one center and do tiered activities
- Choose one concept and create a menu
- Investigate Choice Boards
We will observe Differentiated Math strategies in our lab classrooms on Thursday.
Data-based decisions for differentiation and strategies will also be discussed on your Data Day.
Be sure to point out to observers/evaluators how you are differentiating - it is part of your GTES.
Let us know how we can support you!
How to Differentiate Your Math Instruction by Linda Dacey, Jayne Bamford Lynch and Rebeka Salemi