What Conducts Electricity?
MakeyMakey and Elements
Closed Circuit: a complete circuit that allows the flow of electricity
Open Circuit: a circuit that is not complete and through which no current can flow.
Electrons: part of an atom and is the primary carrier of electricity in solids
Conductive: material is able to conduct or carry electricity through it
Non conductive: material is able to resist the flow of electricity
- Get in a group of 4 - sign out a laptop and a MakeyMakey Kit
- Go to this smore from the RMS website to use the links below.
- Find a game/activity from those listed below.
- Plug in the MakeyMakey to the laptop with the USB cable.
- Use the alligator clips to connect to the needed keys and to the elements of your choice (playdough, pencil drawings, etc).
- Always include an earth clip to complete the circuit
What makes for a good controller?
What other items would make better controllers?
How creative can you get with your controllers?
Try other games and other items.