The Wright Review
2015 - 2016 Third Grade Weekly News
The kids were filled with energy Monday morning and couldn't wait to share their stories, catch up with friends and just have fellowship with their peers.
It sounded like most kiddos had a lot of fun over their two weeks off.
Thank you for the congratulatory e-mails this week. The class and I had fun celebrating. I love that the class loves to celebrate anything and everything. Life is too short to not be "in" the moment.
We celebrated the new year by "ringing" in the new year! Check out some of our excitement below!
NWEA and Catching Up
- Math: The class is nearing the end of Unit 6 in Math. We have a few more vocabulary words to learn and applications to demonstrate, and then we will be ready to demonstrate our mastery of GEOMETRY. Math Vocabulary Test will be this Thursday and the Unit Test will be Friday.
- Reading: With NWEA, we focused mostly on revving up our independent reading skills and focusing on our fluency skills.
- Grammar: We are focused on how and when to use a pronoun in a sentence.
- NWEA: Whew! Three tests in three days is intense! Our class did great! They didn't complain once - at least not to me.
If you would like to order books for your child through scholastic's website, please click on the link above. Checks can still be sent to the classroom and I will mail the orders.
- Math: Geometry (two tests)
- Reading: Theme
- Writing: ISTEP Writing
- Grammar: Verbs and Subject-Verb Agreement
- January 14: Geometry Vocabulary Test
- January 15: Geometry Test
- January 15: Favorite Book Character Day
- January 18: NO SCHOOL