Lincoln Street News
November is ‘Safety’ month at Lincoln Street!
- Never share their full name, address, phone numbers, or birth dates.
- Never share their password, even with good friends.
- Never post pictures without parent approval or tag a picture without permission.
- Avoid filling out forms for free giveaways, offers or contests. (Anything that seems “too good to be true” probably is.)
- Never respond to threatening messages or anything that makes you feel uncomfortable; report these messages to an adult immediately.
- Always stay positive; avoid rumors/negative comments.
- Always tell a parent or teacher about any communication that was scary or content that is inappropriate.
It is our responsibility to monitor the use of our student’s devices, particularly those related to social media sites. It is possible to be social AND safe!
We want to ensure your child is here every day, especially in the month of November as it has less school days. We encourage you to make doctor, dentist, or any other appointments after school hours. The following is an excused absence: student illness (fever, vomiting), bereavement, serious illness in the family, inclement weather, religious instruction, family emergency, or court/legal appointment. School begins at 7:45 and we need all students in their classroom before this time to avoid getting a tardy. We want your child to be successful in school. Every day your child is late or miss a day of school, it impacts their learning. Let’s see who wins the best class attendance this new month for a popcorn party!
Reminder to parents & guardians
Please remind your child to read 20 minutes each night. Sign your child's planner to confirm the minutes that your child is reading.
Have your child explain this weeks school activities written in their planner.
Mrs. Schmidt, 4th grade