Time-Worthy Tech Tips
December Blackboard Teacher Spotlight!
Did you know that Discovery Education offers more than free video streaming along with amazing, interactive digital resources that are standards aligned? They have more than 200 lesson plans, an atlas interactive map, STEM connections, weekly teaching topics, and much more! There are resources in Discovery for all subjects and grade levels. Kindergarten - Fifth grade teachers have students rostered in their classes. If you have never logged in to DE before, you should take this opportunity to check out the resources. What's even better is that you already have an account created. To receive your credentials, visit this web page and type in email@example.com email address. Discovery will email you your credentials. To help you get started, you can view these video tutorials for building assignments, quizzes, and more. Check it out today!
- use both hands to open a Chromebook
- hold the Chromebook by its base, not the screen
- always close the Chromebook before walking with it
- keep food and drink away from the Chromebook
- clean the Chromebook with a microfiber cloth rather than chemicals or Clorox wipes
- charge the Chromebooks every night
- contact technology services if a Chromebook is accidently broken
Hour of Code!
Check out what some of our teachers and students did during this year's Hour of Code!
Google Certified Innovator
Technically, this doesn't have anything to do with educational technology, but it is great for your personal children. This website will allow you to create a personalized video for your child from Santa. FOR FREE!
Check out Richard Byrne's free guide on "How to Do 11 New Techy Things." Let this be your inspiration for starting something new in your classroom in 2016!
How Can Instructional Technology Help?
- meet with you after school or during planning to work on lesson plans
- teach a sample lesson to your students using the Nexus Tablets or Chromebooks
- observe your class and then offer suggestions on how to best embed technology
- provide hands-on assistance in your classroom