Sageland MicroSociety Elementary
Parent Update Week of November 16, 2020
Greetings Sageland Parents,
As I reflect on the many things for which I am thankful, I want to take this opportunity to share just a few of them with you: I am thankful for our students who come to school every day ready to learn – they give us all a daily reminder of what is important and why we are here. I am thankful for the support of our parents in creating an outstanding partnership for our students.
In these most difficult and challenging times, I see dedicated and tireless individuals going above and beyond to make sure that great things happen at Sageland. They do make a difference, and the children, in their own individual ways, benefit from those efforts.
Most importantly, I am thankful for our parents that have kept the faith in us. You continue to share your most valuable possession with us and—in most cases— work hard and advocate to be a partner in your children’s education, safety and well-being. For this, I am ever so thankful.
- November 17 Literacy Night @ 6 PM- Those who attend will receive a FREE BOOK
- Progress Report 3 will be posted on the Home Access Center (HAC) on Thursday, November 19 https://hac.yisd.net/HomeAccess/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2fHomeAccess
- November 23-27 Thanksgiving Break
Help me recognize our Pawsome faculty and staff at Sageland for something great they are doing. (click on the button below)
Class attendance winners will be announced Tuesday morning!
We are currently in the RED zone.
November Parent Calendar
Message from our Counselor
Parents, please mark your calendars for Wednesday, November 18th @ 6 p.m.! Sageland will be hosting an Internet Safety Presentation given by The Center for Hope. Now more than ever it is important to be informed on internet safety with our current circumstances. The link you will need to log in is below. We ask that you log in from your child's computer with their log in information to make it easier for you to access the presentation. We look forward to seeing you there!
Resources for assistance
Character trait of the month is Integrity
MONTHLY MICRO MISSION
Let’s get creative! Here are a few ideas on how to have fun while learning how to protect ourselves and others from COVID-19.
Follow Five Steps to Wash Your Hands the Right Way
Washing your hands is easy, and it’s one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of germs. Clean hands can stop germs from spreading from one person to another and throughout an entire community—from your home and workplace to childcare facilities and hospitals.
Follow these five steps every time.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.