Dr. Kick's Corner
Have a great summer!
- The monthly Board of Education meeting is Monday, June 18th at 7:00 PM at the MEC. Below are a couple of topics that may be of interest. If you can’t make the meeting, you can view it live or later, either on the District website or on Channel 6. Highlights of the meeting will be emailed and posted online within a day or two.
- Kindergarten Enrichment
- Review of 2017-18 Strategic Plan
- Community Review Committee Report
- 2018-2019 fees related to HMS/WJHS after school programming and WJHS Jazz Ensemble
Don't forget to have your child look in lost and found. All items will be donated on 6/15/18.
Where is in the world is the Harper Dolphin?
This summer we thought it would be fun to see what your family is doing to celebrate the summer after a successful year of school! Please tag us on twitter @harperdolphins using the #HarperSummerFun with pictures of you and your family with the Harper dolphin! Print the attached dolphin; make one of your own, or find one in your travels. Snap a picture of something fun with a dolphin and tag us on twitter! See the pdf below.
Your child can complete the summer math packet and reading log! Please go to this link to access the math packets, reading log and directions. http://harper.wilmette39.org/students/summer_learning
- You need to register you child for the 2018-19 school year! If you have not registered your child by August, you will not receive your child's class placement. Please register your child! http://www.wilmette39.org/for_parents/registration
Don't forget! Bus Registration! Before you leave for summer break……..did you register yet for bus transportation for the 2018-2019 school year? Please note that if you miss the July 13th registration deadline, your child will not be able to ride the bus until September 17th, if space is available. In addition, you will incur a late fee and will be assigned to one of the existing routes and bus stops, which may be less convenient for your family. Don’t be left behind, register today. Registration information can be found here
- Interested in helping out in the Harper Garden this summer? We're looking for a few families to help water the garden in August! You'll be watering veggies, flowers, and the beautiful new tree planted for Ms. Hofschield. Sign up for a one-week shift, then water every other day. It's easy, and no gardening experience is required! Follow the sign up genius link here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e4fa9a92da3fd0-summer
- Spring Cleaning! The Hoedown committee is seeking new/gently-used stuffed animals (no rips or stains, please) and goody bag-type items for our prize tent. Please place them in the donation bin in the Harper lobby.
- Do you have an announcement that should appear in the first Harper Happenings for the 2018-19 school year? Please be sure to submit a communication request form by Monday, August 20th at 9am.
- Attention all PTO Committee Members - Please submit all of your 2017-2018 school year expenses to the treasurer by June 30th. All expense reimbursement requests must include an expense voucher, an invoice and/or receipt, and a signature. If you don’t get your expenses in by the end of June, you will not be reimbursed until the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year.
- Are you interested in being a room parent for next school year at HMS? Please click here and sign up under your child's grade for next year. We will send out an email the night before teacher assignments are sent (mid August) and those who have signed up as "interested" will have 1st pick. Please contact Lisa Herschel at email@example.com with any questions.
- Attention 4th Grade Parents! The 4th Grade Farewell Party is on Friday, June 15th from 3:00-5:00. Be part of the festivities and sign up here. For questions / concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your contributions to iGNITE!
Link to Community News:
Wimette Food Pantry located at Trinity United Methodist Church provides groceries and seasonal produce. Open Tuesdays 10:30-11:30 am.
Wilmette Historical Museum hosts Potawatomi “Dancing for My Tribe” Scavenger Hunt for families with children ages 13 and under June 18-August 5.
Wilmette Baseball Association Summer House League registration is open (K-8) and also Buddy Baseball Summer registration is open (co-ed league for ages 7-19 with physical/developmental disabilities).
Oakton Community College offers STEAM related summer programs to children ages 8-12.
The Center for the Gifted offers summer enrichment classes. Students need not be tested or identified as gifted, just eager to learn!
Illinois Baseball Academy is registering boys & girls 3-6 years old. Register individually or as a group and form your own team.
All announcements to be included in the Harper Happenings should be sent to Liz Hayes via the Communication Request Form by Mondays at 9 am. If you do not receive an email response within 24hrs, please send an email to email@example.com to confirm your Communication Request Form was received.
For more school information, visit the Harper PTO website.
For additional D39 community events, visit wilmette39.org