(65 and older)
5 Tips for healthy aging
- Exercise enhances nerve cell formation and survival in certain parts of the brain associated with learning and memory.
- Diets high in fat in sugar increase the formation of a protein implicated in alzheimer's disease.
- Chronic stress can damage the hippocampus, a brain region linked with learning, memory, and emotion.
- Human and animal studies have established that simple habits can lead to sharper memory in our later years.
- Stay as active as possible- mentally, and physically.
Guidelines for adults (65 and older)
- 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activities such as biking or walking every week
- Intake omega 3 fatty acids, calcium, and plenty water as you age
- Exercise helps relieve stress