April 5 -9
IMPORTANT CALENDER UPDATES AHEAD
- As we prepare for students returning to hybrid instruction, we have made some adjustments to the upcoming calendar. April 12th and 13th will be asynchronous days. No new content will be delivered, but students may receive assignments or assessments and all teachers will host 30 minutes of “Office Hours” where students can check in and get questions answered. All assignments for Quarter 3, including missing or late assignments, are duy by Wednesday, April 14th, and these days will be an opportunity for students to complete their work.
- Wednesday, April 14th, will be a regular Advisory day (10:00-10:30 LIVE)
- NO SCHOOL on Thursday or Friday (April 15th and 16th) so that teachers can prepare their rooms and curriculum for the return to hybrid.
New Schedule Beginning April 19th
- Beginning April 19th, our high school schedule will change slightly. Classes will still begin at 10:00 am, and 4th period will now go until 4:00 pm. Students coming into hybrid will need to arrive on campus between 9:45 and 10:00, and will be released from class between 4:00 and 4:15.
- This schedule will be for Hybrid AND Online/CDL
More information will come regarding schedules and classes as we plan our return. Please watch your emails closely.
ATHLETICS - Week of April 5 - 9
Last week of fall sports:
Boys Soccer @ Forest Grove
Girls Soccer @ TIGARD vs Forest Grove
Volleyball @ Franklin
JV Football @ Sunset
FR Football @ TIGARD vs Newberg
Varsity Football @ TIGARD vs Clackamas
* Spring sports starts on Monday, April 5th Go to Tigardtigers.com for registration information. Every athlete must be registered, a current physical, and a waiver of liability for Covid-19 form completed before participating in spring sports. All forms can be found on the athletic website under MORE.
Are you looking for a job or community service? There are currently openings for yard work, working at a furniture store and community service at the media foundation. Please contact Jill Sims, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about these opportunities.
Health Care Careers "Job Shadow" Day
Carolyn Moore, Administrator OHSU
April 17th 11:am - noon.
April 21st - Attention Seniors: If you are considering attending PCC in the fall, you are invited to PCC's last virtual preview day of this year on April 21st from 10am - 12:30pm. Learn about Academic options, transfer degrees and career and technical degree options in breakout sessions. Registration is required at https://www.pcc.edu/visit/preview-days/
Attention Students Interested in being a Tigard Youth City Councilor
SHAC - Student Health Advisory Council
SHAC is back! The Student Health Advisory Council will begin meeting again on Monday, April 5th. This Spring, the club will be leading an initiative to educate students on mental health and encourage peers to practice self-care. To sign up, please e-mail Anna at email@example.com or fill out the survey at this link- http://bit.ly/39bKZ8X
TIGARD NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY ~ Accepting new Member Applications
Tigard National Honor Society is now accepting new member applications for the 2021-2022 school year.
NHS is committed to community service and reaching out to those in need. Throughout the year, NHS has a large variety of events for students to participate in that benefits our school as well as the people in our area.
If you are a sophomore or junior with an unweighted GPA of 3.65 or higher we invite you to apply and join us in serving others. Applications are due Friday, April 16th by midnight and notification of acceptance will be emailed out in mid May.
Access to the application can be found here.
Thank you for your interest and the officers look forward to reading your application.
Questions? Contact Ms. Bradshaw, NHS Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOME & FAMILY