Skull & Crossbones
An Update from Cardington-Lincoln High School
Piracy News and Reminders
1. The Cardington-Lincoln Junior Class will be sponsoring a “Mystical Garden” Prom at Four Seasons Barn in Cardington, OH on April 29, 2022. After-Prom will be at Blue Fusion in Marion, OH. Grand March & Formal Pictures Begin at 6:00pm.
2.Did you know that Syntero provides school based counseling for our school? Follow this link for local resources and opportunities for support.
3. SENIORS NEWSLETTER - Follow this link for important information for seniors and their families.
4. Check out Parent Resources located on our district website by following this link.
5. TESTING INFO - The Cardington High School spring testing information and schedule can be found at this link.
6. Please make sure to update your contact information through the PowerSchool Parent Portal if there have been changes. Contact the high school office if you are having trouble with your account. Fees may hinder your ability to access PowerSchool.
- Congratulations to both Racine Hallabrin and Tyler Rose who recently signed their college letters of intent.
- Track teams continue to compete well running in the Cowan Invitational and the Harding Northern Invitational the past two weeks. Last week, the Pirate track teams won a small tri-meet against Ohio School for the Deaf and Gilead Christian. The team is back in action Tuesday, April 26th.
- We finally have had some decent weather so the baseball and softball teams have been packing in some missed games. The baseball team won a pair of games against Danville and also beat Lucas on Saturday. Sunday, both JV and Varsity teams had makeup league games with Centerburg. The JV won to improve to 3-3 on the season and the varsity fell short. The varsity’s record for the season so far is 5-6.
- The softball team has continued their winning ways by winning both games against Danville. The team also competed in a tri on Saturday beating Bishop Watterson and state-ranked Westfall. In the latest coach’s state ranking poll, The Lady Pirates are tied for first with Wheelersburg. The team is currently 14-1.
- AP Testing is coming up: AP Gov't Monday, May 2nd; AP Literature Wednesday, May 4th; AP Statistics Thursday, May 5th; AP Calculus AB Monday, May 9th AP English Language Tuesday, May 10th; and AP Biology Wednesday, May 11th. Information and Study guides are available on CollegeBoard's website by following this link.
- Schedules for the 22-23 school year will be available for pick-up in August with each class having its own designated date & time
- Please make sure to keep updated on student grades through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
News from the Quarterdeck
- Our Environmental Science class spent time learning to tie flies for fly fishing.
- Cardington Improv - On May 13th, Cardington Improv will be presenting its first ever (Crowd-sourced) Musical. The show is currently being written by members of the team and features songs submitted by students and staff in the district.
- Mrs. Betti's advanced engineering class completed the construction of a bullpen for the Cardington baseball team. They dug holes, set posts with concrete, and put up the wall with rubber backing. See picture below left.
- The National Honor Society members enjoyed a tour of the Ohio Reformatory at Mansfield on April 14. Students learned about the history of the building, the evolution of the justice system in the United States, and the role of the prison in the local economy and in several major motion pictures. See middle picture below.