BAMS Staff Newsletter
September 15th, 2013 - Volume 1, Issue 1
Our first two weeks have been awesome! Thank you for all for everything you have done and the time you have put in. I have been very impressed with the dedication and care I have observed from our BAMS team. Personally, you have made my first weeks as principal very smooth and fun. I appreciate the help I have received from many of you.
Many of you will be diving deeper into your curriculum this week. I'm excited to continue to visit classrooms and see our students in action. Please let me know how I can help.
Have a great week!
Bessie Allen Middle School - School Learning Objective (SLO)
As you know our district is focusing on literacy for our SLOs. I will be writing our building SLO very soon. I will probably be having some conversations with many of you to help with this process. Once this goal is written, it will be posted on the newsletter each week.
Out of the Office
Please see below for times and days that I will not be in the building or out of my office:
- September 16th - 11:30-3:30 - Growth and Achievement Meeting (DMR)
- September 17th - 9:00-11:00 - Admin Meeting (DMR)
- September 19th - 8:00-3:30 - Teacher Effectiveness Training (CESA 6 - Oshkosh)
News and Notes
- If you haven't done so already, please take time to change or update your school voice mail message. We have directions in the office, if you aren't sure how to do this.
- MAP Testing begins On Tuesday, September 17th. Please see the schedule Samantha Flood sent out for more information.
- NEED A SUB? - If you know you will be gone and will need a sub, Joan will be responsible for lining up subs for planned absences. If you are sick or have a last minute need for a sub please can me (920-960-6061). I will call subs in these cases. I am up at 5:30am every morning, so don't worry about calling too early.
Oriole Way - Bessie Allen Middle School
This section will contain news and information about our PBIS framework. Thank you to Brandon Switz, our internal coach, for the time he has put in so far this year leading the Oriole Way at BAMS. Also, thank you to all of our staff for your help with our rollout. I think we have been very successful teaching our students our building expectations.
OASYS and Teacher Effectiveness
Please see below for information and reminders about our evaluation system:
- Evaluation Cycle - Early this week I will be emailing a list of where you are in the evaluation cycle for this year.
- SLOs - Continue to think about what your goal will be for this year. If you are in a probationary year or in the 3rd year of your evaluation cycle, I will be setting up a time for us to meet to discuss your goal. If you are not at this point in the evaluation cycle, there will not be a formal meeting, but I am happy to meet with anyone that feels this would be a benefit.
- Student/Client Surveys - Surveys need to be completed by October 15th.
Dates to Remember
- September 17th - 6-12 Scheduling Meeting at 2:45pm in Library
- September 18th - District Wide ELL Meeting at 7:45am in Deb's Office
- September 18th - BCT Meeting at 8:30am in ???
- September 24th - Staff Meeting 2:50pm in DMR