West Nile Virus
BY: LEXI, LAKE, FAY, and CHRISTIAN
What is West Nile Virus?
West Nile is a virus that is caused from a Mosquito Bite. There are many body systems affected by this traumatic virus. West Nile mainly affects people, but can also affect dogs, birds, and horses. This has been the worst year since the 2003-2004 year. It has set records for worst year for the West Nile.
Some Facts About West Nile Virus!
- West Nile virus killed over 180 people
- In Dallas County, Texas it killed over 10 people
- 42 states have been infected by this virus
- 80% of these have been in Texas, Mississippi, and Oklahoma
Ways to Prevent West Nile Virus
- Wear long sleeved clothing
- Don't go outside at dusk or dawn
- Use bug spray
- Have screens on windows and doors
- Put net over infant carriers
- Get rid of standing water
Body Systems Affected By West Nile Virus
Body in Balance
West Nile affects your body because you have been bitten and your body is now away from the balance point. Your restoring mechanisms tell you that your body needs to fight back to the balance point.
west nile good one