UTC: Using Smore
Communication Made Easy!
I can communicate clearly and effectively with my teachers, community, parents or students using Smore.
Our theme for UTC on the Road is Strategies for 21st Century Learners. (4 C's) We will mainly be discussing communicating with technology, but we will discuss all 4 ideas as well.
· collaborating with technology
· creating with technology
· communicating with technology
· thinking critically with technology
Explore: Communication Made Easy
Gateway IC - Student-Centered Coaching Info/Signup (Embedded on Website)
Smore Website- Educators Hive
Hear from Teachers - What do some of the Gateway teachers have to say about Smore?
Plans and Pricing - After your 3 free ones
The educator price is 79 dollars for the year. This also comes with a full classroom of students account. I buy one for me, and then I set all of my teachers up as students under my account. This allows them to make and share Smores as PDF only.
Explain: Benefits of Using Smore
Customize theme, background, color, and font
Include different types of media - pictures, video, audio
Dynamic and changeable
Professional-looking presentation tool
Share with others through a link, printing, or embedding (I share through Google Classroom, email, and embedded through my website.)
- Change flyer settings - disable comments and related flyers
Explain: Integration Ideas
Take a look at some of these examples of the uses of Smore. Look through the links and ideas to find ways you can use it at your school.
- Student Poster/Presentation
- Teacher/Administrator Newsletter
- Back to School Newsletter
- IC Weekly Coaching Connection Example 1
- IC Weekly Coaching Connection Example 2
- Gateway Elementary School Tour Information for Parents
- PD: A-Team Process Reminders
- Research Pathfinder - Direct students to relevant information
- Google Classroom PD
- Trustworthy Research for Students
- Professional Development Tutorials
- Class Newsletters
- Monthly Newsletters
- Counselor's Corner Newsletter
- Intro to a Curriculum Unit or Lesson
- Showcase Student Projects
- Embed Info on Website
- Announcement flyers for events, clubs, sales, or fundraisers
- Presenting the pros or cons of an issue
- Travel brochure for state/country research
- Book report
- Flipped classroom
Elaborate: Give it a try!
Think about what you want to make! School Newsletter? Classroom Newsletter? Flipped Lesson?