A Click Away, Doesn't Make It OK!
Online safety tips and more.
Some safety tips.
- Don't give out personal information.
- What you post will stay with you, be cautious.
- The person on the other side of the screen is human.
- Always double check web sources.
- Don't trust random pop up ads.
- Have a strong password, six digits with number,(etc.).
- Be careful what websites you visit, think, "Do I want people to know I was on here?".
- Make sure your computer is up to date.
M.M story for awareness.
M.M's story ended tragically, M.M a teenager, committed suicide. M.M was cyber bullied online by an adult pretending to be a 16 year old. The Predator was able to get M.M through a social site. M.M and this Predator became close, not to long later M.M received a message telling her she doesn't matter. More people joined in, calling her horrible names. Leading the young teen to her suicide.
We could have prevented this... a life was lost.
So please, be safe online.
Keep in mind...
Keep in mind what you have learned.
Be careful, and be safe online! You don't want a mistake to come back and hit you hard in the future.