By: Nathan Spears, Vincent Perez
Who was involved
The U.S. and Japan.
- It scared people for a long time.
- They advised Truman that such an invasion would result in U.S. casualties of up to 1 million.
- Japan saw them come but didn't do anything.
- it exploded 2,000 feet above Hiroshima in a blast equal to 12-15,000 tons of TNT.
- It took Tokyo about 3 hours to realize Hiroshima was bombed.
- Japan had planned to have all men women and kids to fight against the U.S. after bombing.
- The formal surrender agreement was signed on September 2.