The Importance of Proper Typing
It Promotes Good Health
If you don't learn the proper typing technique it can cause Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and/or DeQuervanin’s Disease. CTS is the entrapment of the median nerve in the carpal tunnel. CTS occurs due to the swelling of nerves or the tendons of the wrists. DeQuervanin’s Disease is when you overuse you thumb extensor tendon.
Examples Of Good Technique
- Maintain good posture
- Keep your body centered with the G/H keys
- Keep your wrists low but not on the keyboard or table.
- Use correct fingerings based on the home row keys keeping fingers curved and upright.
- Keep at a steady pace.
- Keep your copy at your side.
- Keep your eyes on your copy.
- Stay on task.