Madison High School News, Notices and Events - 4/23/2018
Family Notices for the Week:
- Cal-SCHLS Parent Survey - Every parent is asked to complete the Cal-SCHLS Parent Survey before Wednesday, May 16. The survey can be accessed online at https://surveys.wested.org/csps/PH976RM or return the paper survey that will be given to your student next week in their English class to bring home; return the survey to the school and be entered to win a $25 gift card compliments of the Foundation of James Madison High School. Madison needs 40 percent parent participation, so your help is greatly appreciated!
- Wellness Week, April 23-27, 2018, families encouraged to take part at home.
- ASB Movie Night, Saturday, April 28, 6:30 pm, Madison quad; dress waram and watch the movie Coco under the stars.
- Reminders for Parents: Hot Weather Dress Code - Clothing worn to school must cover the midriff (stomach), shoulders, back area, and undergarments. Deliveries - Lunch deliveries can only be made by parents to the front office, preferably before lunch begins; lunch deliveries are not allowed from delivery services such as Uber or Lyft. All students at Madison receive free lunch. Electronic Devices and Earbuds - Electronic devices and earbuds are not allowed to be used in the classroom during instructional time, including passing periods. The only time phones can be used are before school, during lunch or after school. Parents should refrain from texting or calling students during the school day. If there is an emergency, please call the attendance office at 858-496-8410 ext. 2215 or ext. 2232.
- Pasta for Pennies Raises Supports Leukemia Patients - Support this year's campaign by giving what you can. Collection boxes are in period 4 clasrooms or give to the organization online under Madison High School (tax deductible); http://events.lls.org/pages/sd/MadisonHighSchoolSanDiego-2018
- Saturday School is Saturday, April 28, 2018, 8 a.m. to noon, Rm. B22. Seniors are required to clear attendance through Saturday School in order to participate in end-of-year senior activities. Permission slips will be distributed on Tuesday, April 24, 2018. Students must arrive on time; late arrivals are turned away.
- Natural History Museum looking for summer volunteers for their summer camps, June 18-August 17, 2018 with shifts from 8 AM–4:30 PM, a minimum commitment of 3 weeks is preferred. Apply at sdnat.org/volunteers.
Yearbook Captures 2017-18 Memories
By Jacob Martinez, student
Hey Warhawk Families! Have you heard about Madison High School’s awesome 2017-18 yearbook? It’s $95 dollars and there are a few ways to buy the book. You can purchase it at school through the finance office (cash only) and on jostens.com/yearbooks. This year’s theme is all about unity and how students come together as one. The yearbook staff has worked extremely hard so you can see all the great things that Madison offers and how involved all the students are. So don’t forget to buy a yearbook and help your student capture these memories forever.