2 important people during the war
- Frank D. Roosevelt- President during the war
- Harry Truman- Vise president during the Pearl Harbor attack and took over for president when Roosevelt died
2 Sides at War
Allies- Britain, France, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, India, the Soviet Union, China, and the U.S.A
Axis Powers- Germany, Italy, and Japan
Events leading up to WW2
- Jan 14, 1921, Adolf Hitler becomes leader of the Nazi Party
- Jan 14, 1922, Benito Mussolini appointed the Prime Minister of Italy
- Jan 1, 1929, Joseph Stalin is made the sole dictator of the Soviet Union
- Jan 14, 1931, Japan's Army seizes Manchuria, China
- Jan 14, 1933, Adolf Hitler is named the Chancellor of Germany
- Jan 14, 1935, The Neutrality Act is passed
- Sep 14, 1935, The Italian army invades Ethiopia in Africa
- Jan 14, 1936, Militarists take control of the Japanese government
- Nov 14, 1936, Adolf Hitler sends his troops into the Rhineland's
- Jan 14, 1937, Japan's army attacks the town of Nanjing, China
- Feb 14, 1938, The Munich Pact is signed by Adolf Hitler and the Prime Minister
- Oct 14, 1938, Nazis begin rounding up Jews
- Apr 8, 1939, Nazi-Soviet Pact signed by Hitler and Stalin
- Sep 1, 1939, Nazis invade Poland
Website used to find information: https://www.timetoast.com/timelines/events-leading-up-to-world-war-ii--6
How did Texas contribute to the nation’s military effort in fighting World War II?
Restaurants saved cooking fat that could be later used for explosives, the community recycled scraps that could be used to make planes, tanks, etc, and the people bought war bonds.
How did life changed for Texans on the home front during World War II?
People had to not talk about any war related things so someone doesn't reveal any secrets to potential spy's, people listened to the radio and looked at the newspaper every day, and people also started to learn and study places.
How did WWII end?
Adolf Hitler committed suicide, which in turn got the German army to give up