Our first month has been great. Students have been involved in team building activities, assemblies, and Choose Love lessons in advisory. Classroom teachers are diving into the curriculum and working with students on rituals and routines.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @CurtisCornerMS and our PTO Facebook @CCMSPTO to get a glimpse into your child's day. Follow our district hashtag, #UmatteratSK, to see district happenings as well. Also, our school website http://cc.skschools.net/ is also full of important information for families.
Meet Our New Staff
Welcome back!!! For those of you who do not know me, my name is Jon Devolve and I am the Dean of Students here at CCMS. I want to take this opportunity to provide you with some important information from my office.
Tardies - School starts now at 7:26 am. Students are allowed into the building starting at 7:10 am. Tardies to school are logged and handled through my office. At the 4th unexcused tardy, I will reach out via email sending a reminder that your student(s) has received her/his 4th tardy. On the 5th unexcused tardy and any thereafter, your student(s) face disciplinary action from my office.
Cell Phones - Cellular devices are not allowed to be used during the school day unless permission has been granted. The bigger challenge with the phones is social media. Many students find themselves getting into trouble for videos and/or pictures they post online. If you have not had a chance to review the apps on your student's phone, now is a good time. Ask them questions about the various apps and do not be afraid to google what the app actually does. Many of these apps expose students to people of all ages from all over the world. If you are still concerned, there are a few apps you can purchase that monitor the activity of your children. If you would like more information, please feel free to send me an email and I can provide you with a couple of apps that work well.
If at any point throughout the year, if you have questions, concerns, or just need some help for your student, please do not hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. My contact information is below. Thank you and I look forward to a great year!
Dean of Students
Counselor's Corner - Ms. Fontaine
Happy 2018-2019 School Year!
I would like to welcome the 7th-grade class, and welcome back the 8th graders! I am looking forward to a new school year as a School Counselor at CCMS. I have met many of the new 7th graders at the Welcome Back Picnic. I have also met many students about their schedules. During September and October, students will see me visiting classrooms on all of the teams to introduce myself. I am looking forward to starting a Newcomer’s Group, as well as meeting with individual students and small groups. In addition, I will be sending out our LINKS survey polling students about their connections to peers and adults in their school community.
Please know that I am here to help students achieve their personal/social and academic goals, as well as provide support for parents/guardians and teachers. Please feel free to contact me at any time during the school year to discuss your child’s needs. Contact information: email@example.com or 401-360-1349.
CCMS in Action
Science happens no matter the weather!
Novelist Paul Mosier will be visiting CCMS - Thanks to Mrs. Carlino!
Choose Love Student Ambassadors from CCMS and SKHS
Important Dates to Remember
- October 2nd - Grade 8 Team Juno Open House
- October 8 - No School - Columbus Day
- October 10th - Grade 8 Team Titan Open House
- October 29th - Picture Day
- November 6 - No School - Election Day
At Curtis Corner Middle School it is important to us to keep our families aware of all the great things happening at our school. In an effort to do this, we utilize multiple communication methods.
- WEBSITE - The middle school website is the primary tool for all communication. Our website is updated almost daily with all school announcements. It also contains upcoming events, important dates, documents, links to teacher emails, Twitter posts and team information. There is also a guidance page that includes important information from our guidance department.
- SKYWARD - Parents are able to access the Skyward parent portal for updates on their child's academic progress. To access the parent portal from the CCMS webpage, click on the parent tab at the top of the page. For your username and password please contact the school secretary.
- TWITTER - Curtis Corner uses Twitter to promote the wonderful things happening in our school. Follow us at @CurtisCornerMS You may also want to follow @terryt9lynch, @kristenstring Many of our teachers have a Twitter account to highlight the great instruction and activities happening.
- NEWSLETTER - A goal this year will be to have a Principal's Newsletter distributed at least quarterly highlighting school and student achievement. If you have any suggestions that are worthy of recognition, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please include a photograph.
- SKYLERT - Our school utilizes automated phone and email messages. Please make sure you have accurate phone numbers and email addresses in Skyward in order to receive this information. To change this information in Skyward you can contact Mrs. Gleason at email@example.com or Mrs. Skokowski at firstname.lastname@example.org